Interview with Freddie McSwain Jr.

Exclusive interview with Freddie McSwain Jr. by "The Hoosier Sound" podcast. They discuss a variety of topics with Freddie, ranging from how he started out playing basketball, why he picked Indiana as a transfer school, and some fun questions at the end.

Listen: https://thehoosiersound.com/2018/05/15/ths-036-interview-with-freddie-mcswain-jr/774882826_ScreenShot2018-05-14at6_39_42PM.thumb.png.2f3f7a763cd330e15d1fd3c7886fbb01.png

43 minutes ago, The Hoosier Sound said:

Thank you! And please share! Our podcast isn't grown as much yet, but we still want people to see this because there's a lot of good stuff from Freddie!

HSN 3.0 is still growing. And I think if you keep coming back, we can help you grow as well.  Just as Mike from The Daily Hoosier 

Has attested to. Been a win, win for him and us.

8 hours ago, The Hoosier Sound said:

Hey guys, hope you are enjoying it. Let me know who else you might want me to try and get to interview!

Clifton Moore.  He's the Hoosier I feel I know the least about.

Al Durham.  I'm just a huge fan.

On 5/23/2018 at 2:09 PM, The Hoosier Sound said:

Hey guys, hope you are enjoying it. Let me know who else you might want me to try and get to interview!

I would love to hear from Eric Gordon. He's a high profile guy that I don't recall ever really seeing him back on campus for workouts or anything. Always made me wonder why because he touts IU all over Twitter.

12 minutes ago, The Hoosier Sound said:

True! Maybe after his playoff run haha

Anything you can bring our way.... will be greatly appreciated.  As I said previously. Currently  we don't have funds ,nor ability,  like some of the other much more established IU sites . Nor I doubt we ever will. It's just not in our business  plan. All IU sites have their place. And all are welcome here. Heck I even linked an 8 year old story about the history of Assembly Hall, from Ken Bikof today ,  when he was writing for Peegs on Rivals. Just to show that IU, and not Illinois had the first Assembly Hall.  Yet, it showed up as TheHoosier.com when I linked it, instead of Peegs. Proprietary, information that was free at the time for all to read, is my guess.  Therefore,  to provide information, like you and The Daily Hoosier ...( a great guy, by the way ) are able to provide our small site is truly appreciated.   I can't emphasize that enough. 

I have read your bio's. Thanks for providing them on your site.  I graduated from IU, decades ago. And live out of state. Yet your passion for IU is as great as mine. In the end.... once an IU Hoosier.... always an IU Hoosier. 

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:09 PM, The Hoosier Sound said:

Thanks for the podcast share, and welcome!

How about Race Thompson? 

18 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Found some time to check it out.  Great job.  I really admire your initiative to start your own venture like that at your age.  Best of luck with it. 

Freddie came across really well.  Very down to earth, humble kid.  Very impressed with him too.  

He's such a quiet kid , but what little I've heard out of him makes me wish we had gotten to see another year of him under Miller!  Freddie was just starting to settle in as the new system started feeling more familiar over the final half of the season.  He looked increasingly comfy not just playing on the team, but also at the D-1 level. Seeing his eligibility here end gives me the feeling there might've been something more left on the table that we'll likely never know for sure or get the chance to see out of Freddie. His attitude is ideal so it's hard to imagine any scenario where he wouldn't have continued to make huge strides since he's both physically very strong, and an impressive athlete. He spent his last two years in college adjusting to 2 new systems.

Archived