Gas Buddy is your friend

Costco membership pays for itself in times like this. $2.91 in Indy earlier this week and I felt awesome getting that price. Surprised this hasn't been more of a story locally/nationally. Maybe it's because we cover so many other stories but besides the occasional mention it doesn't get as much coverage as it should. $3 per gallon is something people shouldn't get reelected for.

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Costco membership pays for itself in times like this. $2.91 in Indy earlier this week and I felt awesome getting that price. Surprised this hasn't been more of a story locally/nationally. Maybe it's because we cover so many other stories but besides the occasional mention it doesn't get as much coverage as it should. $3 per gallon is something people shouldn't get reelected for.

Gas is at a 4 year high, currently. It sucks. My car drinks premium and I just had to pay over $4/gallon this week.  

High gas prices are a double edged sword. It is a sign the economy is doing well- excess demand driving prices higher but higher prices taking $ out of consumer pockets. I'd rather have this type of a problem (roaring economy / high gas prices) than unemployment/ lack of demand/ causing lower prices. The other side of the equation is supply. The US has been doing its part- https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/04/us-to-dominate-oil-industry-for-next-5-years-iea-forecasts.html It is the OPEC countries trying to constrain supply on their end to keep prices high. I wish we didn't have all the regulations that contribute to higher prices.

Archived