Anthony Leal is a Hoosier !

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, dgambill said:

Maybe he has something against Kobe...wouldn’t want a player like him coming here. Or Chamberlian or Pistel Pete....God forbid Archie use his hometown connections to land us a star from there.

I’d hate to have guys like Ryan Archiediacano or Mikal Bridges, what did they ever accomplish in college?

1 minute ago, rico said:

Spent a lot of time in that state.  Saw their product.  I will pass.  

Talk about a broad generalization about a huge state. You’re certainly welcome to your opinion, and I know you’re a smart guy, but this is one of the worst takes I’ve seen in 10+ years of posting on these forums. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Talk about a broad generalization about a huge state. You’re certainly welcome to your opinion, and I know you’re a smart guy, but this is one of the worst takes I’ve seen in 10+ years of posting on these forums. 

My opinion is just that, my opinion.  

25 minutes ago, Feathery said:

So we assume Leal gets an offer on Monday, but does Galloway get one too or is this an either or situation?

I don t think you can offer both.  Same size, position, and general style of play.  And, Galloway is not really a shooter, so Leal's game fills a bigger need.   Even if you call it a tie, the tie-breaker goes to the hometown kid.  

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Why?  It doesn't matter because I ain't the one recruiting.

Just curious because I’m so baffled by your rationale. It just seems so incredibly odd and lazy to me to say you don’t want any recruit from an entire state, especially one like PA, that while certainly not on the level of Indiana high school hoops, produces a ton of talent. Again, Indiana is certainly on the top of the list, PA is definitely near the top of states that produce basketball talent. 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just curious because I’m so baffled by your rationale. It just seems so incredibly odd and lazy to me to say you don’t want any recruit from an entire state, especially one like PA, that while certainly not on the level of Indiana high school hoops, produces a ton of talent. Again, Indiana is certainly on the top of the list, PA is definitely near the top of states that produce basketball talent. 

Well you eat your scrapple and I will eat my bacon.

Just now, T-Free20 said:

I recall someone said Leal was getting an in-home visit tomorrow. Was there any official confirmation on social media? I may have missed it if there was.

Peegs titled a thread about the in-home on 4/29.   It is behind a paywall.  But the headline confirms the visit.

43 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I think she'll be making meatloaf for dinner.   LOL

What really happens when a coach comes for a visit,does the family provide a dinner? Appetizers? ...or is it strictly business, in and out...maybe Mrs. Leal could fill us in,im curious to know .

2 hours ago, T-Free20 said:

I recall someone said Leal was getting an in-home visit tomorrow. Was there any official confirmation on social media? I may have missed it if there was.

LMAO, official confirmation on social media.

Archived