DT Jeramy Passmore to IU

KDB

I'm starting to get spoiled with our recruiting.  Well, for an IU fan I feel spoiled.  He's ranked .8577 on 247 composite.  That would have been our #2 recruit in Wilson's last season.  Behind only Burgess who committed after Wilson was fired.  This year we have 4 recruits, and Passmore is our 3rd highest recruit, barely ahead of our 4th ranked guy.  Depth, depth, and more depth.

I mentioned before that I love the DE group we have been growing recently and hoped we'd add some DTs to the mix.  Great pick up.

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Great pickup.  He looks like he’s going to have a nice blend of quickness and power when he gets to full size (close to 300 lbs I’d imagine).

Leathernecks is the physics teacher but I’m pretty sure the equation for power is something like:

power = quickness x strength 

Haha. I'd say the one you're looking for here is

power = mass x acceleration x velocity

Aka, the bigger you are and the faster you run, the harder you hit.

6 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Haha. I'd say the one you're looking for here is

power = mass x acceleration x velocity

Aka, the bigger you are and the faster you run, the harder you hit.

I know this is light hearted and everything... timing is everything on a football field though. 

Also.. a nasty attitude. 11 guys to the football with a bad attitude at all times. 

27 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I know this is light hearted and everything... timing is everything on a football field though. 

Also.. a nasty attitude. 11 guys to the football with a bad attitude at all times. 

I agree. I haven't had time to watch any of his videos, but a lot of our incoming recruits in the 2018 class tackle with aggression. The CB we just got seems to have that too from the clip I saw on him yesterday.

As someone who has been a Hurricane fan since the early 80's I can tell you the high school this kid came from routinely puts kids at high level colleges too. It's hard to recruit Miami and for us to grab one like this doesn't go unnoticed. Same team has a rising star RB (Parrish) who was offered by Iowa and Michigan has come calling recently.  Once he fills out a bit this could be a really, really big pickup. Great job by our staff!

Archived