Remaining 2019 Guard Options

3 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
With D.J. Carton off the board, we walk through the remaining 2019 guard options -- and where IU stands with each.

Great write up. Thanks for summing up where we stand. I wish I felt as good about Newman as you do. With him going out of state to play ball I just get the feeling he is looking for a bigger offer than IU and Purdue. Honestly I would rather land him then Brooks but if we hit the trifecta I would be ecstatic!

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Great write up. Thanks for summing up where we stand. I wish I felt as good about Newman as you do. With him going out of state to play ball I just get the feeling he is looking for a bigger offer than IU and Purdue. Honestly I would rather land him then Brooks but if we hit the trifecta I would be ecstatic!

That's interesting that you would rather have him than Brooks.  Do you think Newman is better?

40 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

That's interesting that you would rather have him than Brooks.  Do you think Newman is better?

I wouldn’t say he is better...they are two different players. The one thing this team doesn’t really have is a lights out shooter...someone that can knock in 6-7 threes in a game. We have several great athletes that can play the wing with what we brought in last year. I really think the combo of Anderson and Hunter after a year under their belts will be studs for us. Don’t get me wrong...nobody has issues with Brooks...just Newman adds a dimension we won’t have imo after Romeo leaves. Volume scorer that can shoot lights out. I don’t want to choose but if I had to take only one...I’d take Newman. Probably not a popular sentiment on here but I miss the good ole days when our guards would make teams pay. We have had to work so hard last few years to score...I never want to have a team again that can’t stretch the defense with our shooting. I think Newman is an all around stud in the making!

Archived