AJ Moye On Query & Schultz

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

That Archie comment about AJ and he talking that often is great. Since Archie is all business we never get a real look/feel for the inside or guts of the program. Hearing that he speaks with a player from 16 years ago every other week is sweet music.

Agreed.  Of all the quotes, the one that jumped out to me is that Archie and AJ talk on a weekly basis.  Archie building these relationships with former players is huge for the future of teh program.

Moye and DJ White are two of my favorite IU players ever. They were just 100% warriors and fighters. 

AJ was fairly talented, but his fight made him a better player than he should have been in talent alone. One of the best attitudes to ever bless us in Assembly Hall.

DJ, the way he fought injuries and a program in turmoil to be a great IU legend speaks highly of his character.

Different scenarios. But both have earned their way into my all time favorites.

Oh  and Archie Miller is a freaking gem. He was not at the tip of my wishlist, but I sure am glad I was wrong. We got the right guy!

“I loved Indiana. I played for the fans of Indiana. I love how they know the game. I love how they love the game. When I played, I played for the people of Indiana. I still love that state greatly. I gave my heart to it.” 

“Every day, I’d stare up at those five National Championship banners. There’s still a big hole in my heart, even though I came close, because I thought I could put up one or two. I expected to go to the Final Four every year.”

We need more players that feel this way. 

31 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Agreed.  Of all the quotes, the one that jumped out to me is that Archie and AJ talk on a weekly basis.  Archie building these relationships with former players is huge for the future of teh program.

On a small note. Dakich took issue with Jeffries the other day talking about Crean in poor light...will be curious if he mentions AJ Moye and Archie talking this often. It won't fit his angle so my guess he won't. Or if he does...it will be in some have to go to break fashion like oh cool....AJ and Archie talk. Blah, blah, blah...

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

On a small note. Dakich took issue with Jeffries the other day talking about Crean in poor light...will be curious if he mentions AJ Moye and Archie talking this often. It won't fit his angle so my guess he won't. Or if he does...it will be in some have to go to break fashion like oh cool....AJ and Archie talk. Blah, blah, blah...

I can't stand Dan...when he went full shock jock he pretty much lost me. Calling a game is one thing but his radio show....quite the other. He may have some fans on here but a day without Dan is a good day for me.

2 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

“I loved Indiana. I played for the fans of Indiana. I love how they know the game. I love how they love the game. When I played, I played for the people of Indiana. I still love that state greatly. I gave my heart to it.” 

“Every day, I’d stare up at those five National Championship banners. There’s still a big hole in my heart, even though I came close, because I thought I could put up one or two. I expected to go to the Final Four every year.”

We need more players that feel this way. 

This is exactly it!!!! AJ has a special place in my IU heart....and hearing this....well...my heart just grew three sizes lol!

Met AJ randomly a few years ago in California.  He was surprised I recognized him at first then of course, he acknowledged how us Indiana fans are, we don’t turn off our love for IU lol.  Talked to him for a few minutes when he didn’t need to stop and talk to me.  Took a picture with me and then we went on our seperste ways.  I have met a few former players in public and he was by far one of the best interactions I have had.

Archived