NCAA.com's Fearless Predictions

Am I missing something with Carson Edwards?? Don't get me wrong. He is a very good player but the best in the country? B1G player of the year candidate I can see but best in the nation seems like a stretch. Then the Illinois thing??? I don't keep up with them very well but are they even going to be able to put 5 scholarship players on the floor? I would feel a lot better with the Romeo comment if it hadn't been followed up with these comments.

Edwards was like 9th in conference in PER last year. Of the 8 ahead of him 5 are returning. All with better supporting casts probably. 

2 of those were freshmen. The year with typically the most growth after it. Edwards will be a junior a year where growth is typically less. 

I know PER is primarily an offensive stat but Edwards isnt exactly a lights out defender to off set it. 

Edwards is strength is his high usage rate but im not sure that can be replicated with the double teams he will face this year. Combined with not very good assist numbers last year with a stacked team. I woild definitely sell on him even being big ten poty

Archived