2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colts look good. Was hoping the Chiefs would end up with the Ravens for the Divisional round.

Hoping this year is different for the Chiefs. Defense is pretty pathetic which worries me.

Looking forward to next Saturday.

Go Chiefs.

2 hours ago, KDB said:

Colts look good. Was hoping the Chiefs would end up with the Ravens for the Divisional round.

Hoping this year is different for the Chiefs. Defense is pretty pathetic which worries me.

Go Chiefs.

Say what?  Here we come....

3 hours ago, KDB said:

Go Chiefs.

If the Colts don't win next week, then please, for the love of God and everything holy, please don't let New England go to yet another Super Bowl.

20 minutes ago, rico said:

Irony at it's finest.  It took the Bears to beat the Vikings for the Eagles to even get into the play offs.

And the scary part is every Einstein in the world didn't realize Parkey's last kick was tipped at line of scrimmage. Shouldn't ever come down to that though. Nagy play calling was unusually suspect. Long off season. Won't take away 12-4 and division champs but stings a tad. Reminds me of some of those Colts first round heartbreaks. 

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And the scary part is every Einstein in the world didn't realize Parkey's last kick was tipped at line of scrimmage. Shouldn't ever come down to that though. Nagy play calling was unusually suspect. Long off season. Won't take away 12-4 and division champs but stings a tad. Reminds me of some of those Colts first round heartbreaks. 

I listened to the pre game show locally.  The Bears defense did what it has done all year hold opponents to around 17 points.  But if I remember right the offense averaged around 27.  Tough one for sure.  And trust me, I really thought the Bears could make it to the SB.

9 minutes ago, rico said:

I listened to the pre game show locally.  The Bears defense did what it has done all year hold opponents to around 17 points.  But if I remember right the offense averaged around 27.  Tough one for sure.  And trust me, I really thought the Bears could make it to the SB.

I'm actually still processing the shock. I just didn't we would lose. Bears Defense did their deal. Offense will have a long off season to digest calls down the stretch. 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm actually still processing the shock. I just didn't we would lose. Bears Defense did their deal. Offense will have a long off season to digest calls down the stretch. 

I spent a couple hours last night talking to my buddy(Bears fan).  He said it was the typical "play not to lose" instead of "play to win".  He was pissed to put it mildly.  

Nyheim Hines played less then 10 total snaps with less than 3 total touches I believe(could be wrong).  Have to think the coaching staff felt comfortable rolling with Wilkins as the #2 back against the Texans and saving Hines and play calling that involves Hines for the following week.  I think if it was close at halftime, they would have changed the play calling to include Hines.  Also, play calling for Ebron went away after they got up 21 to 0.  They did let up in the second half, however with the way the defense was playing, dial back the play book and don't show all your cards with the opponent watching every move.  Great win for the Colts, this Saturday will be a battle.  If they can contain Mahomes like they did with Watson and can limit one of either Kelce or Tyreek Hill to a sub par game on the defensive side I think our defense stands a chance against this high power offense.  With the Chiefs defense giving up 5 yards per carry on average, run the wheels off of Mack/Hines and Wilkins(I expect at least 30 rushes assuming the colts do not get far behind which I do not think will happen).  I think the score for this game ends up in the low 30s with the over/under set at 70.  Its not a matter of who scores because lots of points will be scored, its a matter of which defense will make the key stop against either high power offense late in the game. 

52 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Nyheim Hines played less then 10 total snaps with less than 3 total touches I believe(could be wrong).  Have to think the coaching staff felt comfortable rolling with Wilkins as the #2 back against the Texans and saving Hines and play calling that involves Hines for the following week.  I think if it was close at halftime, they would have changed the play calling to include Hines.  Also, play calling for Ebron went away after they got up 21 to 0.  They did let up in the second half, however with the way the defense was playing, dial back the play book and don't show all your cards with the opponent watching every move.  Great win for the Colts, this Saturday will be a battle.  If they can contain Mahomes like they did with Watson and can limit one of either Kelce or Tyreek Hill to a sub par game on the defensive side I think our defense stands a chance against this high power offense.  With the Chiefs defense giving up 5 yards per carry on average, run the wheels off of Mack/Hines and Wilkins(I expect at least 30 rushes assuming the colts do not get far behind which I do not think will happen).  I think the score for this game ends up in the low 30s with the over/under set at 70.  Its not a matter of who scores because lots of points will be scored, its a matter of which defense will make the key stop against either high power offense late in the game. 

Basically this is a Colts match-up when Manning was in Indy.  Only this time the shoe is on the other foot.  Pretty much the way to beat the Chiefs is to keep their offense off the field.  Just like teams did against the Manning led Colts.  The KC defense sucks anyways.  Methodic , time consuming drives is the ticket.  Keep their defense on the field.  Get them down early and keep the game plan.  KC's offense will grow impatient and mistakes will be made.

Signed, Arm Chair QB

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Basically this is a Colts match-up when Manning was in Indy.  Only this time the shoe is on the other foot.  Pretty much the way to beat the Chiefs is to keep their offense off the field.  Just like teams did against the Manning led Colts.  The KC defense sucks anyways.  Methodic , time consuming drives is the ticket.  Keep their defense on the field.  Get them down early and keep the game plan.  KC's offense will grow impatient and mistakes will be made.

Signed, Arm Chair QB

Agree with this 100%!  If the Colts abandon the run game(I cannot believe I am saying this and I am a Colts fan) then I will start to get worried. 

Archived