2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

And then we will start the "Andrew Luck" owns the Chiefs, just like TY Hilton owns the Texans! 

Well so far we already own the Chiefs.  The Colts are 4-0 all-time against them in the play offs.  Hell, the Colts are 2-0 in Arrowhead with something on the line.  Interesting factoid, the Colts have as many play off wins at Arrowhead as the Chiefs do.  

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Eaaaaaasy there, boys. Those first three playoff wins don't mean anything, these are two completely different teams. And Mahomes is special. Do I think the Colts can win, yes. Shouldn't have a problem with their D. But expecting a shootout for sure.

Def a shootout for sure, whoever makes the defensive stop in the game or gets the turnover will control their own destiny.  Get the lead, force one turnover and stay at least 10 points ahead. 

We are a nightmare matchup for the Chiefs. They're 2-4 against top 10 offenses. The ONLY good thing about their defense is the ability to get sacks; we protect the QB better than anyone. Their offense is a big play machine, our defense will make them make long, sustained drives. 

I think the Colts win convincingly. 

On 1/7/2019 at 11:12 AM, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Eaaaaaasy there, boys. Those first three playoff wins don't mean anything, these are two completely different teams. And Mahomes is special. Do I think the Colts can win, yes. Shouldn't have a problem with their D. But expecting a shootout for sure.

Who have the Chiefs beat in the 4 months? I believe they have one win against a team over .500 in that time. 

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Who have the Chiefs beat in the 4 months? I believe they have one win against a team over .500 in that time. 

I don't know about the 4 month thing.  But I am pretty sure I heard somewhere where they are 3-4 against teams over .500.  And that 2 of the wins came in the first 2 games of the season.  So that leaves one there somewhere.  

3 hours ago, rico said:

I don't know about the 4 month thing.  But I am pretty sure I heard somewhere where they are 3-4 against teams over .500.  And that 2 of the wins came in the first 2 games of the season.  So that leaves one there somewhere.  

Spot on. The first two wins are outside the four month window. 

4 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I think we get one more year with Eberflus then he gets a HC gig after the 2019-2020 season when we win the superbowl ;) for next season!

I dont see how we arent the AFC favorite going into next year when you look at who we could add. 

18 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Who have the Colts played?                                                                                

From the Final 2018 Strength of Schedule rankings based on overall team efficiency:

- The Colts had the easiest schedule in the NFL, while the Chiefs had the 8th toughest.

- The 11-5 Texans team the Colts beat had the fourth easiest schedule in the league to get there.

- No team in the Playoffs had a tougher regular season schedule than the Chiefs.

Here are the last 10 QB's the Colts have faced:

Derek Anderson
Derek Carr
Blake Bortles
Gabbert/Mariota
Ryan Tannehill
Cody Kessler
Deshaun Watson
Dak Prescott
Eli Manning
Blaine Gabbert
Deshaun Watson

As a Chiefs fan, the last team I wanted them to have to play against in the Divisional was the Colts -- because of "The Curse"

Not only the curse of the Colts in the Playoffs, but our home game losing streak in the Playoffs. Over 2 Decades since the last playoff win at home..

But this isn't those Chiefs teams.. We have a MVP QB who just threw for 5000/50 -- the only other guy to do that is Peyton Manning

This Colts team reminds me of the 2015 Chiefs team that started 1-5 -- finished 11-5 and lost in the Divisional to the 12-4 Patriots

Should be a great game. If the Chiefs lose, I will be rooting for the Colts to win the whole thing.

8 minutes ago, KDB said:

Who have the Colts played?                                                                                

From the Final 2018 Strength of Schedule rankings based on overall team efficiency:

- The Colts had the easiest schedule in the NFL, while the Chiefs had the 8th toughest.

- The 11-5 Texans team the Colts beat had the fourth easiest schedule in the league to get there.

- No team in the Playoffs had a tougher regular season schedule than the Chiefs.

Here are the last 10 QB's the Colts have faced:

Derek Anderson
Derek Carr
Blake Bortles
Gabbert/Mariota
Ryan Tannehill
Cody Kessler
Deshaun Watson
Dak Prescott
Eli Manning
Blaine Gabbert
Deshaun Watson

As a Chiefs fan, the last team I wanted them to have to play against in the Divisional was the Colts -- because of "The Curse"

Not only the curse of the Colts in the Playoffs, but our home game losing streak in the Playoffs. Over 2 Decades since the last playoff win at home..

But this isn't those Chiefs teams.. We have a MVP QB who just threw for 5000/50 -- the only other guy to do that is Peyton Manning

This Colts team reminds me of the 2015 Chiefs team that started 1-5 -- finished 11-5 and lost in the Divisional to the 12-4 Patriots

Should be a great game. If the Chiefs lose, I will be rooting for the Colts to win the whole thing.

Now you want to talk about our offensive line and the DLs and front 7s they have man handled? That's how we will defend Mahomes with our OL.. 5-6mins capped off by TDs. 

Archived