2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

4 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

very true that would be the hold up.  However I do not think the Chiefs have come out and said they would prefer to send him to the NFC, similar to what the Steelers have mentioned with Antonio Brown(even though the Raiders are AFC so are the Titans which have shown legit interest in Brown)

Well, I think you look at potential play-off opponents in the near future.  I would imagine KC is just fielding offers, but would prefer to send him to the NFC.  But ya just never know.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Colts in strong pursuit of WR Tyrell Williams according to Jason La Canfora from CBS sports.  Interest seems legit and would fill an immediate hole opposite of TY Hilton as the #2 WR on the team.     

Interesting...that would change the draft board I would think.

36 minutes ago, rico said:

Interesting...that would change the draft board I would think.

I would hope at the top of our draft board is a pass rusher or the DT position  along with CB.  I just don't see any WR's that is worth a first round pick so I would go free agency or draft one later.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I would hope at the top of our draft board is a pass rusher or the DT position  along with CB.  I just don't see any WR's that is worth a first round pick so I would go free agency or draft one later.

Well go look at the mocks....I can't do your homework for you.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Well go look at the mocks....I can't do your homework for you.

Usually those mocks are not really close to what the teams actually do.  I see one WR from Arizona St. mocked to the Colts but what I have read about him is he is slow and doesn't get much separation.  That does not sound like a WR that I would want on the Colts.  I wouldn't mind either of the DT from Clemson if they are there when the colts pick at 26.

2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Is it really homework?  I would say its a surprise quiz since no one really has any idea which specific player a team will draft that is outside the top ten picks

My point is that most mocks have us taking a WR.  

Pretty quiet on the Colts front.  They tendered WR Marcus Johnson today, more so a depth signing.  During the Jets game he got hurt and went straight to IR.  I believe he caught two passes for like 50 yards and a td just before getting injured.  After this is when Inman I believe was signed.  Colts from what I have read really like this kid.  My guess is he competes for the 4th and 5th spot for WR's.

WR's on the team as it stands entering free agency:

WR1 - Hilton

WR2 - None

WR3 - Deon Cain? He was killing it in camp and preseason prior to his ACL tear.

WR4 - Zachary Pascal(KR duties)

WR5 - Reece Fountain/Marcus Johnson

Chester Rogers could be tendered(he is a restricted free agent) just like they did with Marcus Johnson today, if so he probably slides in as the WR3/WR4. 

10 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Pretty quiet on the Colts front.  They tendered WR Marcus Johnson today, more so a depth signing.  During the Jets game he got hurt and went straight to IR.  I believe he caught two passes for like 50 yards and a td just before getting injured.  After this is when Inman I believe was signed.  Colts from what I have read really like this kid.  My guess is he competes for the 4th and 5th spot for WR's.

WR's on the team as it stands entering free agency:

WR1 - Hilton

WR2 - None

WR3 - Deon Cain? He was killing it in camp and preseason prior to his ACL tear.

WR4 - Zachary Pascal(KR duties)

WR5 - Reece Fountain/Marcus Johnson

Chester Rogers could be tendered(he is a restricted free agent) just like they did with Marcus Johnson today, if so he probably slides in as the WR3/WR4. 

They got to get a book-end for T.Y., they just got to.

On 3/7/2019 at 4:37 PM, rico said:

Now that makes zero sense to me unless he is damaged goods.

He and Nagy have never been on same page. Jordan just isn't the prototype back that Nagy wants. Would be good for Howard to get more consistent use elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

He and Nagy have never been on same page. Jordan just isn't the prototype back that Nagy wants. Would be good for Howard to get more consistent use elsewhere. 

What is Nagy looking for?  

18 minutes ago, rico said:

What is Nagy looking for?  

Probably a little more vertical speed, better hands out of backfield (although Jordan really improved this past season)....as an IU/Bears fan I hate to see him going but writing has been on the wall since before the start of last season.

Bears have a couple decisions to make in the next week. Our former GM held onto 3 guys who we knew weren't sticking around (Marshall, Alshon, and Forte) and we didn't trade them for picks like we should have. I don't think Pace is going to make the same mistake. My guess is he'll move Howard and possibly Danny Trevathan who has 1 year left on deal and we probably can't sign him again for picks. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Probably a little more vertical speed, better hands out of backfield (although Jordan really improved this past season)....as an IU/Bears fan I hate to see him going but writing has been on the wall since before the start of last season.

Bears have a couple decisions to make in the next week. Our former GM held onto 3 guys who we knew weren't sticking around (Marshall, Alshon, and Forte) and we didn't trade them for picks like we should have. I don't think Pace is going to make the same mistake. My guess is he'll move Howard and possibly Danny Trevathan who has 1 year left on deal and we probably can't sign him again for picks. 

Well what do you think Jordan would bring?  Seems like the RB position is not valued like it once was.  I think the Browns got a 5th round pick when they dealt Carlos Heyde.

10 minutes ago, rico said:

Well what do you think Jordan would bring?  Seems like the RB position is not valued like it once was.  I think the Browns got a 5th round pick when they dealt Carlos Heyde.

Something along those lines. Maybe 4th round because he's younger. Agree on value of RB. I mean look at Colts. They got 1st round production from Mack/Hines last year. It would be insane to spend all of that $ on a guy like Bell. I think Nagy believes he can always find another Kareem Hunt (3rd rounder). 

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Something along those lines. Maybe 4th round because he's younger. Agree on value of RB. I mean look at Colts. They got 1st round production from Mack/Hines last year. It would be insane to spend all of that $ on a guy like Bell. I think Nagy believes he can always find another Kareem Hunt (3rd rounder). 

Agree...and if I am the Chiefs I am looking at Jordan.

Archived