2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

I believe in Nagy and by extension will believe in Mitch and support him 100%. I was a Watson fan but that's 20/20 rear view mirror stuff. Right now the last 2 games the Bears/Mitch have played have been awful. 20 gallons of Scope isn't getting this taste out of my mouth until I see Mitch consistently make the pro throws and stop trying to force into double and triple teams.

Found this link this morning. One thing about the NFL and especially at QB position. If you can't make the throws are running into problems by year 4 or so....the league will replace you. 

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2018/03/05/nfl-draft-worst-first-round-qbs/ 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I believe in Nagy and by extension will believe in Mitch and support him 100%. I was a Watson fan but that's 20/20 rear view mirror stuff. Right now the last 2 games the Bears/Mitch have played have been awful. 20 gallons of Scope isn't getting this taste out of my mouth until I see Mitch consistently make the pro throws and stop trying to force into double and triple teams.

Found this link this morning. One thing about the NFL and especially at QB position. If you can't make the throws are running into problems by year 4 or so....the league will replace you. 

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2018/03/05/nfl-draft-worst-first-round-qbs/ 

I'll give him 5...just enough for Trevor Lawrence to be eligible for the draft...

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess as a Colts fan I have been spoiled by great QB play for most of the last 20 years.  Seeing some of these guys trying to play QB is just brutal because they are not ready to play in the NFL.

Only a couple of organizations fans have had that unique experience. Packers with Favre to Rodgers, Colts, and of course Patriots with Mr I keep getting better after 19 years. 

Just now, 5fouls said:

Have no real complaints about last night's game.  Played Bears defense and sat Montgomery in fantasy.  Isn't the NFL all about how it impacts fantasy?

All day long. My opponent played Mitch, started D Adams, and has Antonio Brown.....all good for that league in week 1!!

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess as a Colts fan I have been spoiled by great QB play for most of the last 20 years.  Seeing some of these guys trying to play QB is just brutal because they are not ready to play in the NFL.

A lot of fans of several franchises have been spoiled by great QB play.  The Bears are not one of them.  The Bears have not had a HoF QB or even a HoF caliber QB in the Super Bowl era.  Why is that?

Just now, Seeking6 said:

All day long. My opponent played Mitch, started D Adams, and has Antonio Brown.....all good for that league in week 1!!

But of all of the teams who have had a HOF QB lead them, (and there are 6 Jags, Falcons, Texans, Bengals (Ken Anderson maybe someday?), Panthers, and Ravens, who have never had a HOFer at the wheel), guess which team has the longest drought?

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

But of all of the teams who have had a HOF QB lead them, (and there are 6 Jags, Falcons, Texans, Bengals (Ken Anderson maybe someday?), Panthers, and Ravens, who have never had a HOFer at the wheel), guess which team has the longest drought?

No need to tell me! Bears QB position and Cubs 3rd Base (after Santo and before Bryant) has to be the longest list of average going in sports. 

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Using Brady and the length of his tenure to qualify, you could also say the same for Brees and Rivers. 

I think both are future HOFers, even though the Chargers have yet to win a SB.

The Chargers...3 (2 probable) HOF QBs (Brees, Fouts, Rivers) and friggin Stan Humpries is the only one that's been in a Super Bowl

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Only a couple of organizations fans have had that unique experience. Packers with Favre to Rodgers, Colts, and of course Patriots with Mr I keep getting better after 19 years. 

Yes the Colt shave been lucky every time they were horrible there  was a franchise QB to select.

1 hour ago, rico said:

How many Super Bowls have the Redskins won without a HoF QB?

3...Theismann, Williams (who I think may someday get in), and Rypien.

By my count (and some I am assuming they'll be HOFers) 40 Super Bowls, including the first 14, have been won by HOF QBs, and only 13 without.

Of the Super Bowl losing teams, 26 had HOF (or soon to be) QBs at the helm, and 27 didn't.

Antonio Brown man. Just shaking my head. Gets the biggest break of his life and how does he pay the Raiders/Gruden back? Releases a video of himself as well as part where he taped Gruden/his conversation. 

FYI....California is a 2 party consents state meaning Antonio not only broke the law but putting this in video and posting?? If I'm the Raiders this morning I just say bye. Void his deal and move on. He's had 2-3 issues just this week...on top of helmetgate. Time to move on.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Antonio Brown man. Just shaking my head. Gets the biggest break of his life and how does he pay the Raiders/Gruden back? Releases a video of himself as well as part where he taped Gruden/his conversation. 

FYI....California is a 2 party consents state meaning Antonio not only broke the law but putting this in video and posting?? If I'm the Raiders this morning I just say bye. Void his deal and move on. He's had 2-3 issues just this week...on top of helmetgate. Time to move on.

One weird pup he is.

Archived