Trivia

rico

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Prior to last night's Ray's and Sox game who waa the last player to steal home in a playoff game??

Who was the last to have a straight steal of home, not a misses swing, or bunt attemp or pick off. Just a pure steal of home in a playoff game

I mean Javy stole home but that wasn't a straight steal. Has to be someone else. 

On 10/8/2021 at 2:47 PM, Billingsley99 said:

Prior to last night's Ray's and Sox game who waa the last player to steal home in a playoff game??

Who was the last to have a straight steal of home, not a misses swing, or bunt attemp or pick off. Just a pure steal of home in a playoff game

Had to be future Hall of Famer Yadier Molina.  I believe he also pitched a shutout that night and saved a puppy from a burning building.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Who was the last American leaguer to win a batting title and also lead the league in stolen bases?

Who was the last National Leaguer to accomplish the feat?

I got no clue, but picking random guys who could hit and had a little speed.....

AL - Paul Molitor

NL - Joe Medwick

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Shoot I was going Rickey Henderson and Vince Coleman...but doubt Vince ever got near the batting title.

It was dumb of me to pick Molitor, because his career overlapped significantly with Rickey's, and no one was winning stolen base titles except Rickey during that period.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The NLer is pretty recent...but before him, it'd been over 70 years since it had happened...

And they both played for the same franchise 😉

So, not an expansion club.

No - Reds, Cubs, Giants, Cardinals

Possible - Dodgers, Phillies, Braves, 

My guess - Pirates (Starling Marte?)

Just now, 5fouls said:

So, not an expansion club.

No - Reds, Cubs, Giants, Cardinals

Possible - Dodgers, Phillies, Braves, 

My guess - Pirates (Starling Marte?)

Starling is not the darling...(I actually stole that from an IU headline in the Indy Star when Ken Starling (early 70s) had a big day..."Starling the Darling as Hoosiers No Losers" funny what you remember sometimes)

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Starling is not the darling...(I actually stole that from an IU headline in the Indy Star when Ken Starling (early 70s) had a big day..."Starling the Darling as Hoosiers No Losers" funny what you remember sometimes)

I looked it up, you may want to re-evaluate your statement about them playing for the same franchise.