Trivia

rico

38 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wow. I always thought Fouts for sure....just catching on trivia. Or maybe at least a Raiders QB because Al's love affair with the vertical game. 

Daryl Lamonica of the Raiders could pitch it around too, but when Namath was healthy (sans the knees) he was something...to this day he had the quickest release (Marino included) I ever saw, and one of the strongest arms...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't think his drinking helped either.  I wonder how many games Broadway Joe played hung over...?

No doubt a real talent, but he probably hurt himself taking the Jets money.  He had to have a quick release behind that line...

Very true...but, like Babe Ruth before him, the drinking and carousing are part of the legend...

Having a lot of walk-off home runs is a sign of greatness.  

6 players had 12 walk-off home runs each during their career.

• B. Ruth
  • F. Robinson
  • S. Musial
  • M. Mantle
  • J. Foxx
  • A. Pujols

But, they don't have the record.  What Hall-Of-Famer has the record with 13 walk-off dingers?

I'll add a hint with each incorrect answer.

Edited by 5fouls

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

• B. Ruth
  • F. Robinson
  • S. Musial
  • M. Mantle
  • J. Foxx
  • A. Pujols

But, they don't have the record.  What Hall-Of-Famer has the record with 13 walk-off dingers?

Even though he wasn’t considered a power hitter, this just seems like something he’d hold a record for: Derek Jeter. 

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

Even though he wasn’t considered a power hitter, this just seems like something he’d hold a record for: Derek Jeter. 

Incorrect.

Hint #1 - He had a 3 year stretch where he finished in the Top 10 of MVP voting, but did not make the all-star team in any of those 3 years.  

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

• B. Ruth
  • F. Robinson
  • S. Musial
  • M. Mantle
  • J. Foxx
  • A. Pujols

Ken Griffey Jr.?

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I;m getting old and forgetful.  Other than Tony Shahloub, I don't remember who was in that show.  Used to watch it quite a it when it was on.

I love Tony and his character "Monk" but I was looking for Sharona Fleming(Bitty Schram).  Bitty attended the University of Maryland on a tennis scholarship.  She was also played Evelyn in "A League of Their Own."

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

After Monday night, Tom Brady has beaten every NFL team.  His first win was against the Colts.  

My question for you is, other than the Patriots, for obvious reasons, which of the other 31 NFL teams was the last team for Brady to beat for the first time?

I'd have to go NFC, since he only saw them every 3rd year...

Packers?

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Carolina panthers

Incorrect.

Hint #2:  A member of the coaching staff of the team Brady beat has been elected to the Hall of Fame in two different professional sports.  

Hint #3:  A former Hoosier played for the opposing team and caught 3 passes in the game.

Edited by 5fouls

23 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Incorrect.

Hint #2:  A member of the coaching staff of the team Brady beat has been elected to the Hall of Fame in two different professional sports.  

Hint #3:  A former Hoosier played for the opposing team and caught 3 passes in the game.

Redskins?