Trivia

rico

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

So to finish it was 

1. Rolling Stones the group (1962 was the first marquee billing by that name)

2. "Like a Rolling Stone" song (1965) 

3. Rolling Stone Magazine (1967)

I’ll finish this with “Publilius Syrus, who in his Sententiae states, People who are always moving, with no roots in one place or another, avoid responsibilities and cares”

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Michigan wolverine vs Wisconsin badger:

The wolverine's species name is Gulo gulo, from the Latin word meaning "glutton." Primarily a scavenger, the wolverine has a reputation for ferocity and strength out of proportion to its size, with the documented ability to kill prey many times larger than itself.

The American badger's species name is Taxidea taxus, derived from the Proto-Indo-European word tek, "to construct" - so the badger would have been named after its digging of setts (tunnels). Although smaller in size than the wolverine, the badger is more agile in digging, swimming, and climbing. Thus, it is well equipped for hunting underground, above ground, on trees, and in water.

• Like 1

Found this old Indy star article. Thought it might be fun. There are 10 questions. I'll post the first 3. 

How well do you know your Indiana University basketball?

Here you go......

1. When was the last time an IU basketball player scored 30 points or more in four consecutive games? HINT: He had two-game four-game stretches like that in the same season.

2. Only one IU player has ever had a triple-double. Who was the player and what were the three categories he had double-digits in? Who did he do it against?

3. Uniform No. 22 has been synomous with some great Indiana basketball players over the years. In the early years guys like Archie Dees and Jimmy Rayl both wore No. 22. Since 1974-75, a total of eight different players have worn No. 22. How many can you name? Four of those players wore the number all four seasons. Can you name those players?

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Found this old Indy star article. Thought it might be fun. There are 10 questions. I'll post the first 3. 

Here you go......

1. When was the last time an IU basketball player scored 30 points or more in four consecutive games? HINT: He had two-game four-game stretches like that in the same season.

2. Only one IU player has ever had a triple-double. Who was the player and what were the three categories he had double-digits in? Who did he do it against?

3. Uniform No. 22 has been synomous with some great Indiana basketball players over the years. In the early years guys like Archie Dees and Jimmy Rayl both wore No. 22. Since 1974-75, a total of eight different players have worn No. 22. How many can you name? Four of those players wore the number all four seasons. Can you name those players?

#2 there have actually been 2 players that had a triple-double, although the first one that did it was in an unconventional way...I remember them talking about that when the 2nd player did it...

First one I'll guess George McGinnis

Gotta think about #3

10 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Here you go......

I was in attendance when Juwan Morgan got his triple double.  He was the 2nd IU player to do so.

His was points, rebounds, and assists.  He got the points last of the three categories.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

#2 there have actually been 2 players that had a triple-double, although the first one that did it was in an unconventional way...I remember them talking about that when the 2nd player did it...

First one I'll guess George McGinnis

Gotta think about #3

I can post more questions a bit at a time. 

Downing the other?

I don't know all the answers either. 

Bailey wore #22

Edited by mrflynn03

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I was in attendance when Juwan Morgan got his triple double.  He was the 2nd IU player to do so.

His was points, rebounds, and assists.  He got the points last of the three categories.

The article is from 2013. So that explains the triple double question.  

Guess HSN should amend it. 

• 2 weeks later...