Trivia

rico

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It was indeed In-N-Out in 1948...

Wow. Occam's Razor proves right. I was trying to think it had to be some other joint. Honestly....when did McDonald's start the drive thru stuff? I know they were a walk up place originally....but just assumed they had to be one of the first as well?

My Grandfather here in town was with Burger Chef way back when. Amazing the amount of loot they were going to make and not make in about 3 years. Haha.

25 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Prior to Monday night Championship game when was the last time the 2 finalist in the game were both competing for their 1st ever Mens basketball Ncaa Championship? Name the year and the 2 teams.

2019?  Virginia and Texas Tech?

21 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The 2nd no no of the year was thrown last night. It was nearly a perfect game had it not been for a HBP in the 9th, besides Rodon who is the only other pitcher to lose a perfect game bid by hitting a batter in the 9th  but still finishing with a no hitter?

Good question and up until last night I had no clue of the answer. Will let others chime in before answer.

• Thanks 1

No trivia question here but useless information I picked up this week.  I found the tidbits to be interesting.

Dennis Weaver was the star of the 1st movie Spielberg directed.  The movie was "Duel."

Weaver also tried out for the 1948 U.S. Olympic team in the decathlon.  He finished 6th.  1st was Bob Mathias.

1 hour ago, rico said:

No trivia question here but useless information I picked up this week.  I found the tidbits to be interesting.

Dennis Weaver was the star of the 1st movie Spielberg directed.  The movie was "Duel."

Weaver also tried out for the 1948 U.S. Olympic team in the decathlon.  He finished 6th.  1st was Bob Mathias.

I remember Duel it was on the ABC Movie of the Week. It was one of my favorites along with the Movie of the Week “Tribes”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

When Slick Leonard was fouled to and went on to hit the game winning free throw in the 53 Championship,  who was the player that fouled him?

Was Dean Smith on that Kansas team? I think so...I'll go with him...

Edited by IUFLA