Archie give us some players that hate to lose!

jojo123

For once I would love to see an IU pre game players interview where the players say. I am really looking forward to playing in Mackie with all of the passionate fans yelling IU sucks! because I am really looking forward to shutting them up when we kick the shit out of them. Instead of "yeah we are really looking forward to competing up there, it's a tough place to play? My god show some grit and balls!  where have all the bad boys gone? We are looking forward to competing tells everyone, that we don't care if we win we just want to show up?  Please find this fan some bad boys that can shoot!

He definitely needs to show more fire and passion.  Stop worrying about hurting a kid's feelings and call him out when plays like crap.  Romeo was horrendous yesterday and Archie should've said so.  It worked out well for the General.  It worked for Cal after the Seton Hall loss.  And for god sakes bench the guys who aren't playing hard.  He really has nothing to lose at this point.

12 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He definitely needs to show more fire and passion.  Stop worrying about hurting a kid's feelings and call him out when plays like crap.  Romeo was horrendous yesterday and Archie should've said so.  It worked out well for the General.  It worked for Cal after the Seton Hall loss.  And for god sakes bench the guys who aren't playing hard.  He really has nothing to lose at this point.

Exactly! I can lose with or without You. 

22 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Love that video. Unfortunately no kid this day and age would accept that. Their parents would be screaming bloody murder on myface or spacebook or whatever. It’s why kids stopped coming. The tuff hardnosed kids are long gone...even in Indiana.

29 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Love that video. Unfortunately no kid this day and age would accept that. Their parents would be screaming bloody murder on myface or spacebook or whatever. It’s why kids stopped coming. The tuff hardnosed kids are long gone...even in Indiana.

You're probably right.  I'd still like to see it happen.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

You're probably right.  I'd still like to see it happen.

Yeah. Notice I said kids stopped coming...we used to get young men. I’m not defending everything but his commitment to excellence was second to none and whether those young men played in the NBA or went into the real world they were better prepared for it.

Because we recruit "athletes" ...not basketball players. Another coach did similar. Watched wisconsin/michigan before the IU game. I love how wisconsin plays...it's like a IU of yesteryear. Until we start bringing in guys who have a will to win, are hard nosed, and can SHOOT THE BALL, we will FLOUNDER!

On 1/20/2019 at 9:06 AM, dbmhoosier said:

Great find!

Archived