Next win...when?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Looking at the schedule and considering how IU is currently playing, when does Hoosier nation think it will be...how many pages will the thread get before they win...feel free to leave words of encouragement for the team or an idea you have that could stop the current losing streak.

Tuesday at NW

I think the Nebraska game is clouding some judgement.  That was a big letdown, and IU played very poorly.  Also, don't forget this is toughest stretch of IU's entire season.

The reason IU lost yesterday wasn't because they played inherently terribly.  They missed free throws and Purdue blazed it from three in the second half, even hitting a few turn-around, fade-away threes.  Conversely, IU couldn't throw it in the ocean, even though they had several good looks.

You're not going to find many teams winning games shooting the percentages we did yesterday from the line and from three, regardless of execution on offense and defense.

Also, I think IU wins at Northwestern Tuesday.  For one thing, it's likely going to be 1/3 to 1/2 IU fans as it usually is.  Yesterday was the toughest road game of the year excluding Duke.

29 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

Vic Law has been hurt for NW.  If he is out, I think that's a possibility.   I am guessing we will be a slight favorite,  3 points maybe.

Have to get @Rutgers, because I think home vs Michigan is unlikely and @Sparty isn't going to be close.

I think we beat Michigan at home as the hoosiers will be in full upswing after beating Northwestern Michigan and Rutgers 

6 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

We won't be favored against Northwestern or Michigan.

Fair enough, but I am just kind of down about how people have soured the culture around IU basketball and made it such an uphill battle to make progress...

I live in Columbus, Ohio...The reason OSU is currently a good job is because when you lose four in a row as they have no one says a thing. The team can bunker down and work on getting better. IU fans (I have been one all my life) assume that our passion makes IU the better job, but I think in today's culture it actually makes it harder...

When an OSU player plays badly it doesn't show up on Twitter and there is hardly any mention of it on the radio...literally, basketball is only mentioned by the local media if they are winning...In Indiana, we tear people down even after a win...we saw Knight do it and assumed it was a virtue in and of itself, but It has been eating at our program for years now

7 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

Fair enough, but I am just kind of down about how people have soured the culture around IU basketball and made it such an uphill battle to make progress...

I live in Columbus, Ohio...The reason OSU is currently a good job is because when you lose four in a row as they have no one says a thing. The team can bunker down and work on getting better. IU fans (I have been one all my life) assume that our passion makes IU the better job, but I think in today's culture it actually makes it harder...

When an OSU player plays badly it doesn't show up on Twitter and there is hardly any mention of it on the radio...literally, basketball is only mentioned by the local media if they are winning...In Indiana, we tear people down even after a win...we saw Knight do it and assumed it was a virtue in and of itself, but It has been eating at our program for years now

The IU football job should be pure gold then. 

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

The IU football job should be pure gold then. 

Haha...Money plays a role too :)...Holtmann has really great base pay and every recruiting advantage he would need and facilities and budget etc...

In the end, it is still true to say that IU football generates more discussion and angst than OSU basketball...

7 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

We are clearly overmatched by Michigan and squeaked by Northwestern at home. Could an upset over Michigan happen? Sure. It definitely shouldn’t be expected. 

I know what you are saying but I think we beat Michigan at home and if Law is out we beat Northwestern. There are times when a team seem like someone flipped a switch and they play possessed the rest of the season. I am just saying I believe the switch is ready to flip. This has happened many times for teams in the past. I certainly could be wrong have been before but I have been right before too. When all the chips are down its a come to Jesus  moment will see

7 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I know what you are saying but I think we beat Michigan at home and if Law is out we beat Northwestern. There are times when a team seem like someone flipped a switch and they play possessed the rest of the season. I am just saying I believe the switch is ready to flip. This has happened many times for teams in the past. I certainly could be wrong have been before but I have been right before too. When all the chips are down its a come to Jesus  moment will see

Why wouldn’t Law play? He just finished off Rutgers on Friday. 

7 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I’m curious what makes you think the switch is about to flip. Is there something more than fan optimism?  I certainly hope you are correct, but I’m having a hard time seeing it. 

3 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’m curious what makes you think the switch is about to flip. Is there something more than fan optimism?  I certainly hope you are correct, but I’m having a hard time seeing it. 

There’s no switch to flip. This team isn’t the team that beat Marquette. It’s the team that has squeaked out several one possession games. People need to come to grips. 

4 hours ago, Andy06 said:

Vic Law has been hurt for NW.  If he is out, I think that's a possibility.   I am guessing we will be a slight favorite,  3 points maybe.

Have to get @Rutgers, because I think home vs Michigan is unlikely and @Sparty isn't going to be close.

Yes, I saw that.  I read it was some kind of lower leg injury, but report wasn't very specific.  He didn't play v. UM on 1/13.  He played 31 minutes in the only game after that and didn't have a good stat line.  He think he had some foul problems, too.

Archived