What’d he do? Devonte Green

50 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

And all the more reason it’s time to move on. Particularly if you’re trying to set the tone moving forward. I agree with what’s belien said about culture and because of that the most important decisions right now are about what you put up with or allow to continue behavior wise. 

And see, I’d rather speak in specific, known terms. I’m not gonna say for sure a kid should be shown the door unless I know the facts, all of them. 

Basing judgement on hypotheticals isn’t particularly helpful. It typically does more harm than good.

That said, I really wanted to see consistent, improved play from him...and I have wanted to see that it be sustained in a way that is a *part of the team.* Granted, at this juncture the definition of “part of team” is essentially impossible to define, still, he hasn’t shown he can do that within the culture that Archie is attempting to build. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

And see, I’d rather speak in specific, known terms. I’m not gonna say for sure a kid should be shown the door unless I know the facts, all of them. 

Basing judgement on hypotheticals isn’t particularly helpful. It typically does more harm than good.

That said, I really wanted to see consistent, improved play from him...and I have wanted to see that it be sustained in a way that is a *part of the team.* Granted, at this juncture the definition of “part of team” is essentially impossible to define, still, he hasn’t shown he can do that within the culture that Archie is attempting to build. 

Perception, whether we like it or not, what is seen often rules the waves. All generations will make a judgement call.

2 minutes ago, WH671 said:

Perception, whether we like it or not, what is seen often rules the waves. All generations will make a judgement call.

I mean, I don’t disagree with that notion. I especially appreciate how philosophical and flowery you were in your wording, sincerely. However, it doesn't detract from my original point in wanting to judge based on knowns. What have we, as a fan base, actually “seen” that should serve to guide our judgement?

55 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Green set to play based off of IU Press conference.  D. GREEN prove the rumor starters and those against wrong.  You probably are not reading this, but go get MSU.

Yep, Devonte be all over Sparty like white on rice.  Pulling for the kid.

Archived