Does a skid like this actually point away from the coach?

Didn't RMK have an affair with Giomi's girlfriend?

2 hours ago, rico said:

Remember the game, I am thinking IU only lost by 10 or so.  But it was low scoring.  I do believe Giomi had left the team before that.  I also believe that Simmons stuck around for then entire year, but had already fell out of favor with Knight before that.  But it is the year.

Didn't RMK have a relationship with Giomi's GF at the time? Don't think it made it into the book, but I believe it is public knowledge.

4 hours ago, rico said:

Earlier, I pointed out that 84-85 season.  This season doesn't even remotely come close to that one.  The 83-84 team made the EE.  They had all their pieces coming back for the following season with a few new faces.  They were pre-season #4.  They went into Big 10 play 8-2 with losses to Louisville and Notre Dame.  They headed to Ann Arbor as the #12 team in the country to face the #16 Wolverines.  They won by 25(9-2).  Promptly dropped the next match-up at MSU(9-3).  Then won the next two and rose to #8(11-3).  They finished the season 15-13. 

Same team they had the year before. What happened that year?  Sure as heck wasn't the coach.

This is the kind of stuff that you can never tell going into a season.  For whatever reason, sometimes kids just don’t play to their potential, execute what the coach has laid out or other stuff behind the scenes goes on that derails a team, which the public is never privy to.  Not saying things were going on behind the scenes during that year, but you get my point.  We honestly have no clue what’s going on behind the scenes right now.  

Also everyone compares whatever coach we have to Knight and refer to the glory days of IU.  IIRC, Knight gave a glowing review of CAM when he was hired, and said that he needed some time to get his program established.  If Knight said that about him, I have no doubts that the guy can coach (not that I did have any).

21 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

I’m not gonna lie I believe in archie. I think he’s a very good coach and still growing and getting better and learning all the time.

If you have a team that starts 13-2 and was a put back away from being 14-1 and we lose this many in a row what is more likely...Archie is actually a horrible coach that has NO clue what he’s doing and we just got lucky in the first 15 games...OR...He’s a good coach yet has a team that has completely splintered itself and most of that is out of the controll of the coach, and if bad enough, it’s even out of control of the seniors. 

Then we have a kid like Green fouling up, we have a dad flipping out on social media (which is the tip of the ice berg) I personally think it’s more likely Archie has a drama filled MESS of a team to try and coach and anyone in his spot would be struggling to try and figure out how to navigate this train wreck

thoughts?

I still believe in Archie, does need to cut a lot of dead weight in the offseason though.

1 hour ago, StLHoosier said:

This is the kind of stuff that you can never tell going into a season.  For whatever reason, sometimes kids just don’t play to their potential, execute what the coach has laid out or other stuff behind the scenes goes on that derails a team, which the public is never privy to.  Not saying things were going on behind the scenes during that year, but you get my point.  We honestly have no clue what’s going on behind the scenes right now.  

Hind sight is 20/20.  But that 84-85 team had 3 issues that I am aware of looking in the rear view mirror.  Giomi, Simmons, and.....Delray Brooks.

With this team there is one thing we know.  We were counting on Green.

Archived