Hard to watch

This team is getting harder to watch! Is it the players . I still say Archie can’t shoot it for them. Archie isn’t getting back late after a missed shot! That’s on the players. I for one just expected much more. I mean really what did we lose from last year. Hartman was a shell of himself, Newkirk couldn’t play he was awful, only Robert Johnson and he was up an down. The freshmen coming in this year were much better then what was going out. Smith showed promise last year, Morgan was coming back. Everyone was hoping Green could reach his potential. DeRon was getting healthy. Just thought we would be better . These big runs with no answer from us is so frustrating to watch. Throw the ball away , getting blocked at the rim. Missing wide open shots. Getting beat down the floor time after time. Archie can’t bench them because we watched the bench play last night. It was obviously a Hugh down off in talent. Anderson had a flash when the game was over getting rebounds. He didn’t contribute anything during the game earlier. He was getting beat on defense all night. I don’t think he scored. Frizz got rebounds ripped away from him time after time. McRoberts will he not going to change. Neither Moore are Jake brought anything. They gave up our Ten point lead in the last 3:00 minutes of the first half when Morgan and Romeo had to sit. Here’s what I am really worried about. If your Brooks are someone like him WHY would you come to IU to play with those guys! 

13 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Rather than wallow in self-pity or outrage like our fans, the recruits see our situation and envision how they can come in and have an immediate opportunity to play and make an impact.

What worries me is they see us losing and not improving.   Sure we have immediate opportunities for PT but players want to play for winning teams and know they are going to be at a school that makes them better.   We aren't doing either.

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 hour ago, IUrocker said:

Agreed, a handful of those guys definitely aren’t, but it makes you wonder if they would be if there wasn’t some other overall issue going on with everyone else. Idk, just trying to think of answers the best I can. I’m just waiting on seasons end when a bunch of news breaks about the team and different things happening makes us go “Ahh, so that’s what was going on.”

I get it we are all wanting so much more! And are hoping Archie can come up with some answers! We miss the hard nosed kids that played basketball the right way and won. Maybe Archie needs to have players screen away from the ball and see if we can get some easy baskets. The three man weave isn’t getting us much. 

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Rather than wallow in self-pity or outrage like our fans, the recruits see our situation and envision how they can come in and have an immediate opportunity to play and make an impact.

My worries recruits will see a miserable team with infighting, drug violations, OAD hurting his draft stock because he isn’t being creatively utilized, no growth from beginning of season to end by players from the staff, and yes a fan base that will eat their own. Thank God there are some kids that are willing to take it on themselves to be the reason it gets turned around.

Look, even as bad as we were, we gave ourselves enough opportunities.  There is no reliable outside shooting.  If we hit a few of the many open threes near the end of the game it still could have been won.  Archie has proven to be an excellent coach.  What he needs to do is go out and get a few dead eye long distance shooters.  I think that if Davis, Thompson and Hunter return healthy next year, Smith continues to improve, and TJD lives up to expectations, the rebounding and the front court in general will be fine.  RP, Green and Al can handle the point.  But we need some consistent three point shooters to get over the hill and become dangerous.

9 minutes ago, Bob said:

I agree we need some sharp shooters! They would fix a lot of issue! Could you imagine how dangerous Romeo and Morgan would be if we had some sharp shooters. 

We do.  My gripe is we knew last season we had no shooters.  Yet we only brought one "shooter" in this year and he can't throw it in the ocean.   Who is our shooter next season?  Unless we pick one up we are looking at another down year.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived