Binge worthy shows/series..

Seeking6

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

With that much money you and Kraft probably hanging out together 

Thank goodness I stopped on the sidewalk outside the spa to finish a post.  FBI just about trampled me as they conducted the raid.  30 more seconds and I would have been inside.  :coffee:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Paramount has film adaptations of "Without Remorse" and "Rainbow Six" in the works. 

Yeah, it looks like they cast Michael B Jordan to play John Clark.

I've been waiting so long for Rainbow Six to be made into a movie.  I loved the book, and I loved the games, too.  In fact, the origins of my screen name are from when I used to play Rogue Spear online. 

I hope they do a good job with it.  That's one movie I'll probably see opening day.

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Wasn't there an episode that introduced the idea of Gremlins. They would destroy the mechanics of the airplane. 

Can't think of one in the original series.  But in the early 80's they came out with "Twilight Zone: The Movie", I remember one of those short stories dealing with a "gremlin" on a plane.

9 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Last night I watched a couple episodes of Manhunt the Unabomber.  I really enjoyed it.  I think it came out in 2017

I'm 4 episodes in today. Thanks for the suggestion. Pretty good so far. It's never going to be top tier but the subject matter is fun and being based on true events makes it a better follow. 

4 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

Yeah, it looks like they cast Michael B Jordan to play John Clark.

I've been waiting so long for Rainbow Six to be made into a movie.  I loved the book, and I loved the games, too.  In fact, the origins of my screen name are from when I used to play Rogue Spear online. 

I hope they do a good job with it.  That's one movie I'll probably see opening day.

I'm looking more forward to Without Remorse. Out of all the Ryan/Clark series, aside from Red October, it stood out as the most easily translatable to a movie script. "Clark's" character is so complex, calculating but borderline crazy.

Going to bet they leave out the scene with the hyperbaric chamber though.

Two of my favorites are Fargo and Prison Break.   If you've never seen Fargo the movie I suggest you watch it 1st.  The TV show ties the movie in just a bit.   There are 3 seasons so far(season 4 I believe will be out next year and will star Chris Rock).    Billy Bob was great in Season 1.   Each season bounces to around to different time periods and really don't have anything to do with each other.  Although they do throw in little subtle things that tie in.  If you're a fan of the Big Lebowski you'll love season 3.  

As for Prison Break... I dunno what it is about breaking out of prison but i love shows like that.  Escape from Alcatraz was my fav until Shawshank came out.

Go Hoosiers!!!

14 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I loved, loved, loved the first two seasons of Prison Break. The subsequent seasons were good, but a little bit of a step down.

yea I would agree.  It was more like Mission Impiossible in a way.  And the mother twist was just weird.  I was glad that they came back with the final season a couple years ago and gave it a better ending.

Go Hoosiers!!!

My Netflix free trial ends March 6th. Have a couple of series I'm considering next after wiping out Unabomber, Evil Genius over the weekend. Admittedly (although born in Chicago, live in Indy for 20+ years)....I'm a South Florida guy at heart. Great memories visiting family there and the Keys. Anyway...wanting to start Bloodline. Without giving away any show details. Would you watch Bloodline or Better Call Saul?

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My Netflix free trial ends March 6th. Have a couple of series I'm considering next after wiping out Unabomber, Evil Genius over the weekend. Admittedly (although born in Chicago, live in Indy for 20+ years)....I'm a South Florida guy at heart. Great memories visiting family there and the Keys. Anyway...wanting to start Bloodline. Without giving away any show details. Would you watch Bloodline or Better Call Saul?

I am curious to hear what others say on this. Wife and I are looking for a good series as well.  I need to talk with you on how to cut the cable. I am over paying 200 a month for cable. I think there are suggestion on here somewhere but if someone is good at giving me some help i would appreciate it. I have to be able to convince the wife that its the better option. 

39 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am curious to hear what others say on this. Wife and I are looking for a good series as well.  I need to talk with you on how to cut the cable. I am over paying 200 a month for cable. I think there are suggestion on here somewhere but if someone is good at giving me some help i would appreciate it. I have to be able to convince the wife that its the better option. 

Mile had a thread last summer. I'm a diehard sports fan and that was my biggest fear. I bought a $20 antennae from Walmart. I get all local channels so I never miss any of the NFL games on Fox, CBS, NBC,etc......same goes for hoops. Only issue is ESPN/FS1/BTN. YouTube TV for $30/month can give you all those channels after you max out your free trials. Or what I do is if I know it's a big game...I'll plan a night out for dinner when game is on...or on the weekends grab a beer with friends and watch if it's not on the regular channels.

People will often say yes but you spend more by doing that instead of just having cable at home. To that yes and no. During peak months perhaps. During April-August....not even close. Plus to me it's not just a $ decision.  Yes it's a benefit. To me though it's I don't think cable companies have a good enough product to warrant what they charge. But I also go to matinee movies instead of Friday night. I grocery shop at 7am because the meat guy shaves his prices from unused inventory the night before each morning. I take a look at Goodwill for workout clothes instead of paying full price.....it's a way of life for me. I cringe at the idea of paying full price. Groupon, Living Social....use them all. 

I will say that most channels can be found on YT TV or other models....like Sling/Hulu,etc....do your homework but after it's all said and done you'll be happy to cancel that cable payment. I did 2-3 years ago and never think about it. Was paying $175/mo for cable and internet. Now I just do ATT for $49 per month and call it a day. I also use Carmel Library often for series....you'd be surprised how quickly they have new series on. Good luck with it!

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I really don't know where you live.  I am in a unique area I suppose for living out in the sticks.  I cut the cable years ago.  I am fine on an antenna.  I get about 50 channels....free.  I watch a lot of ION, which shows lots of series.  I watch LAFF, which shows nothing but comedies.  I watch GRIT, nothing but western series and movies.  

I'm also in a unique area. The city I live in has all utilities consolidated by the city. I get one bill each month for electric, water, gas, garbage and cable/internet; land line phone service is available, if desired. The cable TV portion of the bill: $39.99/month for about 125 channels including HBO.

The downside is that because they're not a major provider, there's no access to things like ESPN streaming. But hey, it's 40 bucks. Can't hardly complain.

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'm also in a unique area. The city I live in has all utilities consolidated by the city. I get one bill each month for electric, water, gas, garbage and cable/internet; land line phone service is available, if desired. The cable TV portion of the bill: $39.99/month for about 125 channels including HBO.

The downside is that because they're not a major provider, there's no access to things like ESPN streaming. But hey, it's 40 bucks. Can't hardly complain.

Nope, can't complain about that at all.

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Are you living in Cincy area? We went and visited my son that goes to school in Cincy and went to Wahlburgers.  Pretty good place to eat.

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Are you living in Cincy area? We went and visited my son that goes to school in Cincy and went to Wahlburgers.  Pretty good place to eat.

I'm dead in the middle between GA Ballpark and Paul Brown Stadium as we speak.  Live on the other side of the river. 

And been to Wahlburger, just not the one here.  Good, but bordered on not being worth the price or the 45 minute wait. 

IMO, Bru Burger, which is one block west is just as good, and usually doesn't have as much of a wait.  It's also right across Fountain Square from Graeter's, which is never a bad thing.  

Or, if you go down to The Banks, Burger Fi is great (hands down better than 5 Guys, IMO).  Or, Taste of Belgium....burger isn't quite as good, but probably the best fries in the city.   

17 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'm dead in the middle between GA Ballpark and Paul Brown Stadium as we speak.  Live on the other side of the river. 

And been to Wahlburger, just not the one here.  Good, but bordered on not being worth the price or the 45 minute wait. 

IMO, Bru Burger, which is one block west is just as good, and usually doesn't have as much of a wait.  It's also right across Fountain Square from Graeter's, which is never a bad thing.  

Or, if you go down to The Banks, Burger Fi is great (hands down better than 5 Guys, IMO).  Or, Taste of Belgium....burger isn't quite as good, but probably the best fries in the city.   

I will take all into consideration.  My sons team plays their home games at UC or florence freedom field. So we will be there a lot

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I will take all into consideration.  My sons team plays their home games at UC or florence freedom field. So we will be there a lot

Florence is even closer to home for me.  If you're at Freedom Field, hang a right on US42, go a little less than 2 miles.  Mad Mike's.  Another good burger joint. 

12 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Florence is even closer to home for me.  If you're at Freedom Field, hang a right on US42, go a little less than 2 miles.  Mad Mike's.  Another good burger joint. 

We will go there after 1st home game. Love a good burger. Punch burger down town indy is my favorite bru burger is excellent as well. The big ugly at Bubs is pretty cool just to get your pic on the wall

3 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Kumas corner is another place that has great burgers. And their mac and cheese is insane. I've only been the their Chicago location but they opened one in indy a few years ago. 

Been to the one in Fulton Market. Yes, highly recommend.  Lair of the Minotaur. 

Archived