UCLA

rico

The Bruins are looking for a new coach, and with that dominoes will fall after the season is over.  Trying to keep up with it as best I can on the net.  Heard several names tossed out there.  Hoiberg, Dixon, Beard, and even Luke Walton.  They will pay somebody a lot of money to assume their vacancy.  

If you were UCLA, who would be your next coach?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rico said:

The Bruins are looking for a new coach, and with that dominoes will fall after the season is over.  Trying to keep up with it as best I can on the net.  Heard several names tossed out there.  Hoiberg, Dixon, Beard, and even Luke Walton.  They will pay somebody a lot of money to assume their vacancy.  

If you were UCLA, who would be your next coach?

I would not do it, but if I were UCLA I would try to reach out to Pitino.  I feel you need a big name there and not sure any of these are big enough. Coaching wise ii think that Beard is who I would select from the list mentioned.  I would also give Cal a call, I feel it has to be a big name.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I would not do it, but if I were UCLA I would try to reach out to Pitino.  I feel you need a big name there and not sure any of these are big enough. Coaching wise ii think that Beard is who I would select from the list mentioned.  I would also give Cal a call, I feel it has to be a big name.

Pitino is out....now Cal??????  That is a different story.

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Didn't Ricky get hit with a show-cause?

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I know on Pitino but no other names move the needle enough IMO. I wold make a serious play for Cal or Self, Maybe Self can pull a Cal get out of dodge before the chips fall.

I think Cal might be getting burnt out at UK, I don't see Self going anywhere.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know on Pitino but no other names move the needle enough IMO. I wold make a serious play for Cal or Self, Maybe Self can pull a Cal get out of dodge before the chips fall.

Speaking of getting out of Dodge....

I never would have made this suggestion 5 years ago.....Tom Izzo.  Big enough coaching name, big enough program to perhaps get him to budge from MSU. 

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

I never would have made this suggestion 5 years ago.....Tom Izzo.  Big enough coaching name, big enough program to perhaps get him to budge from MSU. 

Makes some sense , but I think that he is so connected to recruiting in that midwest and such. I think he has some Bob Knight I am bigger than University to him and I don't see him going, but it is an interesting take. 

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I think he is too old to be starting somewhere new. I would go after Stevens, Donovan, Calipari, then Walton.

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yes he did, I have slept a little since then. 

Are you sure? I looked back and as of January 1st, the NCAA had not levied a show-cause against Pitino.

Of course there's not enough water in the Pacific ocean to scrub that guy clean.

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Are you sure? I looked back and as of January 1st, the NCAA had not levied a show-cause against Pitino.

Of course there's not enough water in the Pacific ocean to scrub that guy clean.

I think the AD or President made it clear no Pitino, but I thought someone on here had said Pition had received it. Not sure.

Archived