NBA Thread

12 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

This is what I was talking about:

https://www.ibtimes.com/new-nba-cba-increases-fines-players-trade-requests-made-public-3702587

It's fines vs fines & suspensions and may be hard to enforce in some cases.

Also, Adam Silver...lol...what am ugly dude.  If he married some babe you know it's all about the Benjamins.

Gotcha, yes an increase in fines. I think it's comical that Dame's agent is threatening that he'd sit out. 

No chance in hell he sits out. He's going to just lose all of that money? Lose the tail end of his prime? No way. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If I am Portland I am saying Bam to start with and if the answer is no then we don't have a deal

Yeah, that's what I'm saying too. If you're Portland you're opening in good faith still. 

If Miami can't get us a bucket if 1st round picks, which they don't have, then Bam is only suitable replacement. 

Miami is being unreasonable there, not really Portland. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BGleas said:

Seems like they're backed into a corner. Lillard and his agent are essentially trying to "tank" the market so that the Miami trade package is the best option. 

With that said, Portland either needs to not trade him and wait until the trade deadline (which I think is the smart move) or hope some GM (ie. Danny Ainge in Utah) doesn't care about Lillard being happy and makes the move with a strong package anyways. 

Either way, it is not good for the NBA if a player with three years left on his deal is able to pull off this move to Miami for essentially a craptastic package of assets in return. 

Adam Silver needs to rein this in. I don't have a major problem if a player has a list of 3-5 teams that he wants to go to, etc., but limiting it to one specific team that you're demanding to be traded too is terrible for the league. 

I would be fine with a veto from Silver if this goes too sideways. It would be interesting how the players Union would react… 

Watching the Spurs, this is crazy. Wemby could literally take a dump on the court and the crowd would ooh and ah like it was the greatest thing they'd ever seen, while Doris Burke waxes poetic about how flawlessly he executed said dump. 

He's probably going to be great, but geez the hype is off the rails. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Watching the Spurs, this is crazy. Wemby could literally take a dump on the court and the crowd would ooh and ah like it was the greatest thing they'd ever seen, while Doris Burke waxes poet about how flawlessly he executed said dump. 

I'm shocked (well, not really) at how many articles ESPN has been putting out referring to him as "Wemby." I can't recall any player, in any sport, getting that kind of treatment before even playing a real game. 

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm shocked (well, not really) at how many articles ESPN has been putting out referring to him as "Wemby." I can't recall any player, in any sport, getting that kind of treatment before even playing a real game. 

LeBron did. He was "The Chosen One" from the jump. 

But yeah, it's almost hard to watch. Wemby could tie his shoe and Doris would be like, "can you imagine? Someone 7'3" actually tying a shoe, and did you see how he tied it? Just like Tim Duncan and David Robinson tied their shoes, it's like he's a perfect fit for the San Antonio culture!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Lebron had some of his high school games on ESPN 

• Like 1

By the way, when did Doris Burke become so awful? When she first came on the NBA scene 5-6 years ago she was a really talented, knowledgeable analyst. She was really good. 

But, the last 2-3 years she's virtually unlistenable. She spends the entire game absolutely just blowing up the stars. It never stops and it's super surface level nonsense. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BGleas said:

By the way, when did Doris Burke become so awful? When she first came on the NBA scene 5-6 years ago she was a really talented, knowledgeable analyst. She was really good. 

But, the last 2-3 years she's virtually unlistenable. She spends the entire game absolutely just blowing up the stars. It never stops and it's super surface level nonsense. 

I really have little interest in watching summer league. I am watching a half g series between the areds and Brewers 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I really have little interest in watching summer league. I am watching a half g series between the areds and Brewers 

BGleas what is so confusing. I don't watch much of the NBA during the regular season let alone the summer league. I probably watch some of the Pacers game until the top players stop playing 

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

BGleas what is so confusing. I don't watch much of the NBA during the regular season let alone the summer league. I probably watch some of the Pacers game until the top players stop playing 

Just seems odd to even comment? Why go to a topic you don't care about to let us know you don't care?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I like to see how the rooks measure up vs their peers and if they improve from game to game.  Eason, whitmore and especially Jabari Smith look like quite a trio.  Along with FVV, Brooks, Jalen Green and Sengun that team won't be easy to deal with..  Then again the same was said about a lot of these young teams like NO, OKC, and maybe Minny.  Memphis has had great regular season success but not post season.  Still any of them could be solid. 

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Still don't understand the purpose of this in season tournament the NBA is implementing. Does the NBA think that the players won't use load management and miss these tournament tames

I would say the main purposes are fun, entertainment and money. 

• Like 2

I doubt teams takes the mid season tournament games anymore serious than they do regular season games since they count as regular season games.  Maybe for the final 4 teams it might get more intense as the teams see the prize money at the end.  I don't have any extra interest in the games.  

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 8:31 PM, BGleas said:

Watching the Spurs, this is crazy. Wemby could literally take a dump on the court and the crowd would ooh and ah like it was the greatest thing they'd ever seen, while Doris Burke waxes poetic about how flawlessly he executed said dump. 

Pop fixed it for you.  They are shutting him down for the summer.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Still don't understand the purpose of this in season tournament the NBA is implementing. Does the NBA think that the players won't use load management and miss these tournament tames

They are trying to model basketball in the same manner as soccer/futbol. Their goal is go global eventually, so this would tie into something similar to what they do in Europe with the Champions league, different cups, etc.  

• Like 1