NBA Thread

11 hours ago, HoosierDom said:

TJD is getting some extended time right now. Looks pretty good. Got abused by Jokic in the post, but has been mostly solid.

I watched the game as well. Jokic makes TJD look so small. Obviously Trayce is still getting his sea legs, so going up against one of the best post players in the world who has seasons of NBA strength and conditioning, is difficult. But he still looks like he belongs. His gap in athleticism isn't the same as it was in college, but playing with Looney and Draymond will help him really understand how to move in other, effective ways. He's in an absolute GREAT situation.

(And another note: announcers mentioned him playing at IU for CMW... didn't hear a peep about CAM. That's gotta sting for him a little bit.) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Drroogh said:

I like the reactions from his teammates!

Yeah, seems like the vets love him. According to reports, Draymond asked the front office to recall TJD from the G League. 

Draymond said TJD was important to their energy as a team and that the vets feed off having him and their other rookie around. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 2:18 PM, NotIThatLives said:

Oh for sure.  Not sure how him and Kyrie make a full season.  

How many Mavs games do y'all watch?  I'm a die hard Mavs fan and watch all their games. Really liking what I'm seeing from KI and Luka.   Luka is always looking to involve his teammates. He just needs to quit whining and playing games with the refs. 

https://www.si.com/nba/2023/11/02/mavericks-kyrie-irving-raves-luka-doncic-impressive-teammate

Mavs really hit on Lively.  He is already playing at a level that I was just hoping he'd get to by 2nd half of season.  It took almost 2 years but they finally replaced KP's defense in the paint. If they can get a DFS replacement at PF and let Grant williams play more SF and be a combo then they could be dangerous. Not sure OMAX Prosper will be ready this year. They should of taken TJD even if pick 22 was supposedly to high for him.