NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Raptors and Bucks with HUGE home wins. Don't want to read too much into two home wins in the second game of the season, but man those teams looked great. The redesign both team did in the off-season seamingly has made both squads a lot better. 

I think the key word for both games was “home”. I didn’t see the Pacers game, so don’t really know what happened there, but the Celtics-Raptors game was a great game. It was back and forth all game, and one possession with a little more than 2 minutes to go.

Typical NBA game where the role players for Toronto played great down the stretch (which explains the final score), not so much for Boston, and Toronto got all the calls (not crying about the refs, just the nature of the NBA, home teams get calls). 

No doubt, Toronto is infinitely better with Kawai.  I’ve never been a big DeRozan fan, nice player, but not a guy who is going to win you a playoff series when you need it. Kawai is a huge, huge upgrade for them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Those who thought Kawhi was not going to come out and play, or was somehow not the player he once was, well, nope. He's playing like a top 3 player, again. Good to see him healthy, and Raptors are better.

Yeah he's very good.  Not top 3 as I'd still take Lebron, KD, and AD but he's probably top 5 or 6.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah, I agree. I think he could make it a very clear top 6 this year, then Harden and Russ are clearly the next two IMO. 

Agree! Only knock on Greek Freak is that the East hasn’t been great and I think they have a good enough roster and now coach, that if he’s a top 5 guy he should have Milwaukee in the top 3 of the East. 

29 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree! Only knock on Greek Freak is that the East hasn’t been great and I think they have a good enough roster and now coach, that if he’s a top 5 guy he should have Milwaukee in the top 3 of the East. 

Yeah, I think that's fair. The roster is really built to compliment him so he needs to produce. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

He’s going to get there imo, but let’s see, POP - built the Spurs, 5 NBA titles - Stevens 0

Stevens has certainly not achieved what Pop has.  But, Pop's not winning another championship anytime soon.  From a historical perspective, Pop will probably always rank ahead of Stevens.  But,. for strictly looking at the here and now, in 2018, you can make the case for Stevens.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Stevens has certainly not achieved what Pop has.  But, Pop's not winning another championship anytime soon.  From a historical perspective, Pop will probably always rank ahead of Stevens.  But,. for strictly looking at the here and now, in 2018, you can make the case for Stevens.  

That's partly because of the teams they coach. Do you think the Celtics would be worse with Pop? Do you think the Spurs would be better with Stevens? 

• Like 1