NBA Thread

1 hour ago, ADegenerate said:

Anyone else get really annoyed with Myles Turner or am I out of line? I hate how his game is long two's and I think we're much better with Sabonis on the court. yeah, I know it's an edge having both and especially with Sabonis rolling with the second unit but still...

I don't know. I just feel like there's room for discussion here. 

I think you are annoyed because Myles is a 4 playing the 5. He isnt and will never be a banger. I find if you blame the Pacers for playing his out of position you like him more. 🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I think you are annoyed because Myles is a 4 playing the 5. He isnt and will never be a banger. I find if you blame the Pacers for playing his out of position you like him more. 🙂

I think that’s a good assemement of where I’m at. I just need to relax with it and be more open minded. If his usage rate really sky rockets I might have an aneurism though lol

• Like 1

Pacers 2017-2018 record through 8 games: 5-3 record with 4 home games and 4 away games.  111.5 points scored through 8 games, 107.75 points given up through 8 games.

Pacers 2018-2019 record through 8 games: 5-3 record with 3 home games and 5 away games. 108.75 points scored through 8 games, 102.65 points given up through 8 games. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Sabonis and Oladipo for Paul George. Hahahahaha.....still remember the rip fest some of us took when on the day of the trade in one of these threads a few of us said the Pacers got the better end of the deal.

I was with you man...liked the trade from day one. Admittedly, it was as much about the character if the players at the time, but I also loved the idea of getting younger talented players who could grow into a role.

I may have underestimated Sabonis though...i just viewed him as a bonus role player. He may end up a fair amount better than that 

...but yes...I remember well the ridicule some of us took for liking the trade when it was announced.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

Anyone else get really annoyed with Myles Turner or am I out of line? I hate how his game is long two's and I think we're much better with Sabonis on the court. yeah, I know it's an edge having both and especially with Sabonis rolling with the second unit but still...

I don't know. I just feel like there's room for discussion here. 

Was not a fan of extending his contract because I want to keep Sabonis long term over Turner.  They don't seem to be able to play together so to me they have to choose one or the other and that should be Sabonis.  To me Turner is not a tough enough player around the basket and can't rebound well enough because he can't hold his position.  If it was me in charge I would have tried to trade him this off season but maybe they can do it next off season.

Something just does not seem right with the Pacers and something is missing.  The last few games they are not moving the ball like they did earlier and VO is trying to do to much at times which is hurting the team.  Luckily last night VO picked it up in the 4th to seal the win against a bad Knicks team.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Was not a fan of extending his contract because I want to keep Sabonis long term over Turner.  They don't seem to be able to play together so to me they have to choose one or the other and that should be Sabonis.  To me Turner is not a tough enough player around the basket and can't rebound well enough because he can't hold his position.  If it was me in charge I would have tried to trade him this off season but maybe they can do it next off season.

Something just does not seem right with the Pacers and something is missing.  The last few games they are not moving the ball like they did earlier and VO is trying to do to much at times which is hurting the team.  Luckily last night VO picked it up in the 4th to seal the win against a bad Knicks team.

I could be wrong here but I think one big difference is that after last year where they took the league by surprise and many doubted them, they are expecting things to come easier to them maybe and settling rather than keeping their foot on the gas? 

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I wasn't thrilled about the extension either, but I think it had to be done unfortunately. We aren't exactly a hot spot for serious free agents so I think we have to lock down and make due with what we have. If it costs us with Sabonis in the long term then I'll be properly pissed because he's a monster.

I agree with you about something being off. I posted as such. I'm thinking it's just a slow start and trying to slightly alter our approach (vaugue but that's kind of the vibe I get). Vic seems to be looking to bring people in a little too much which is fine early season.

I'm ready to abandon that 3 seed shout. I think Mil has that locked down. We might end up the 5 and bounced by philly first round :(

12 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I wasn't thrilled about the extension either, but I think it had to be done unfortunately. We aren't exactly a hot spot for serious free agents so I think we have to lock down and make due with what we have. If it costs us with Sabonis in the long term then I'll be properly pissed because he's a monster.

I agree with you about something being off. I posted as such. I'm thinking it's just a slow start and trying to slightly alter our approach (vaugue but that's kind of the vibe I get). Vic seems to be looking to bring people in a little too much which is fine early season.

I'm ready to abandon that 3 seed shout. I think Mil has that locked down. We might end up the 5 and bounced by philly first round :(

Philly IMO is the weaker team out of Boston/Toronto/Bucks/Pacers/76ers(my predicted top 5 for the east).  Losing Marco Belinelli and Ersan IIyasova really hurt them and the guy that backed out of a deal during this past offseason is rolling in Sacramento.  I do agree that the Bucks are rolling and will be a tough out, the new coach seems to have really brought out another level of Giannis.  I think the Pacers get the 4 seed and beat the 76ers in the 1st round and face Toronto in round 2. 

15 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Who are you talking about?  Yogi' s number are all down across the board.  

Nemanja Bjelica.  Averaging 15.6 ppg, 6 rebounds, 59% FG% and 55% 3PT%.  I believe he comes off of the bench for the Kings, as what he would have been doing in Philly.  He verbally told Philly he was going to sign with them, but backed out and decided to sign with the Kings. 

• Thanks 1