NBA Thread

8 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Lots of guys have hit that percentage on 3’s, you can pull them up and not even have to do the math 

😆

But very few guys can do it at that clip when you get the attempts up that high. I think it’s an amazing record, 14-24 is just insane shooting. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Mixed thoughts on this record by Klay T --

"CHICAGO -- Golden State Warriors All-Star swingman Klay Thompson set a new NBA record by knocking down 14 3-pointers in Monday night's 149-124 win over the Chicago Bulls.

Thompson went 14-for-24 from beyond the arc and 18-for-29 from the field, racking up 52 points in 27 minutes while raining down shots from all over the floor."

OK, who the heck takes 24 3-point shots in a game? I mean seriously, that's just crazy. Yeah he got a record with 14 3's, but he took freaking 24 of them. If a bunch of guys were taking 24 3's that record would fall pretty quickly. That's just out of control. Then there's the fact this was against a Bulls' team that just doesn't play D, like, at all. At one point the score was something like 95 to 40 something. I don't know, it's a real accomplishment but then, I'm not sure it really is.

I shot 15 in one church league game making 11

• Like 1

Pacers really looked bad last night and just could not get their offense going last night.  VO tried to do to much last night and the Pacers did not move the ball like they usually do.  The bench got out scored like 55-15 so the bench did not show last night.  Lillard and McCollum came in averaging over 50 points a game combined and the Pacers held them to around 34 so you would think the Pacers should have won that game.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers really looked bad last night and just could not get their offense going last night.  VO tried to do to much last night and the Pacers did not move the ball like they usually do.  The bench got out scored like 55-15 so the bench did not show last night.  Lillard and McCollum came in averaging over 50 points a game combined and the Pacers held them to around 34 so you would think the Pacers should have won that game.

Yeah at one point in the game pretty much all the starters including Vic had taken like 8 or 9 shots, the game was even, I was about to post that Vic was flirting with a triple double -- he was --  then he just kept shooting and missing. This is another example game of relying too much on Vic or Vic trying to do too much and the game falling apart. When the P's play balanced they're a better team, they have multiple guys now who can score, they have ball movement, that should be their focus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

The more i think about this the more shocked i am that anyone has an issue with the number of shots.  58 from 3 is like 89% from 2. If your center is shooting 90 % from the floor he better get a touch every poseession. Either the issue is sarcasm or i am really confused on why 24 shots is a bad thing

That is why I brought up the defense....I was taught to take what the defense gives you.  It appears to me that either the the defense was poor or Klay was on fire....either way, I am yelling SHOOT IT!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rico said:

That is why I brought up the defense....I was taught to take what the defense gives you.  It appears to me that either the the defense was poor or Klay was on fire....either way, I am yelling SHOOT IT!

Amen. Do it til they stop you. The guys on the other side are professions also. IMO in pro sports their is no such thing as running up the score. Those players are paid and coaches paid to stop the other team. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yeah at one point in the game pretty much all the starters including Vic had taken like 8 or 9 shots, the game was even, I was about to post that Vic was flirting with a triple double -- he was --  then he just kept shooting and missing. This is another example game of relying too much on Vic or Vic trying to do too much and the game falling apart. When the P's play balanced they're a better team, they have multiple guys now who can score, they have ball movement, that should be their focus.

To me for the Pacers to make the next step they need one more very good player to add to the starting lineup, probably at SF or PG

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

My freshmen year in college I had a game where I went 1-for-10 from 3. Not lie. I was 2-for-12 for the game overall. 

My philosophy as a shooter is that the next one will go in and you need to keep shooting.  I never thought when I was open and was able to get my feet set that I was going to miss that shot and that is the mentality a good shooter needs to take.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Just for kicks, I had Paul George shoot 24 threes in a NBA2K game.  He made 2 of them.

hahaha. And he was averaging over 24 a game coming into tonight before scoring 30+, vbg. (Yes, Thunder started awful, badly miss Roberson, had to re-integrate Westbrook, but they seem to be getting their legs under them)

Anyone else get really annoyed with Myles Turner or am I out of line? I hate how his game is long two's and I think we're much better with Sabonis on the court. yeah, I know it's an edge having both and especially with Sabonis rolling with the second unit but still...

I don't know. I just feel like there's room for discussion here.