Good article on ESPN

18 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

The author graduated from Penn State. Despite that, she seemed to have a good grasp of IU. Something lost these days, real journalism.  Thanks for the link !

I thought the same way. As reading it, I automatically assumed the writer was either Eamonn Brennan or someone that has close ties to the state of Indiana. I checked her profile online and said "Penn State??!!" It was a nice surprise and she certainly did her homework and did it very well.

2 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

I thought the same way. As reading it, I automatically assumed the writer was either Eamonn Brennan or someone that has close ties to the state of Indiana. I checked her profile online and said "Penn State??!!" It was a nice surprise and she certainly did her homework and did it very well.

One of my favorite parts was when she talked about Miller standing next to De'Ron Davis. I just had to smile.  I am the same height as Archie.  And when I met De'Ron during his Senior year at Overland, I too did not come up to his shoulders.  And I have pictures to prove it .  LOL

It was definitely a well written piece. I tend to get a little cynical on these things though, and am not a big fan of writers creating a narrative around something like Damon being late (or for whatever reason he was supposed to be at practice but wasn't yet) and Archie kneeling while watching practice. The entire "it symbolizes IU's fanbase, reaching for the past while trying to recreate it in the future" angle. 

Really enjoyed the article and it was well written, just a pet-peave of mine. 

40 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

His task is easier said then done but I think he can manage. 

IMO, the way I see it is that recruiting would be the biggest hurdle, but so far he's killing it. For player development, personnel management, and coaching, I think he's already got great substance. For a guy getting into his 7th season as a head coach, that's awesome. 

8 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

IMO, the way I see it is that recruiting would be the biggest hurdle, but so far he's killing it. For player development, personnel management, and coaching, I think he's already got great substance. For a guy getting into his 7th season as a head coach, that's awesome. 

He has to be able to get either Romeo or Garland. I think getting Romeo would be big I think say bigger than Crean getting Cody. 

Archived