Board of Trustees Election / BTN Revenue

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Are you serious.  What a trash system.  I've never heard of people talking about voting until this time.   Rigged.  I want to see the numbers. 

You do realize that there are a lot of alumni voting that does not really care about athletics

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

The only vote that matters to these morons is your $$$.

Well like I told you guys over at rivals if you don't like how things are run then stop supporting the team all together and part of that is stop posting on IU sites.  By posting it still shows you care so if you want change then do something about it besides complaining on a message board.

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well like I told you guys over at rivals if you don't like how things are run then stop supporting the team all together and part of that is stop posting on IU sites.  By posting it still shows you care so if you want change then do something about it besides complaining on a message board.

This is confusing.  If we don't like how things are done we should stop supporting the team?

12 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

This is confusing.  If we don't like how things are done we should stop supporting the team?

Well he said the only thing they care about is money and the only way to affect them is by not buying tickets or merchandise.  Instead of complaining constantly on a message board because it does not do any good, do something about it.

22 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well he said the only thing they care about is money and the only way to affect them is by not buying tickets or merchandise.  Instead of complaining constantly on a message board because it does not do any good, do something about it.

Stop being such a p.i.t.a.  You are telling people to "do something about it" in a thread that is literally about doing something about it.  In the long run, skipping basketball games effects one thing only, the status of the head coach.  I think many feel that there is a deeper systemic issue at Indiana that goes beyond the Athletic Department.  That is the department that tends to get a bunch of focus because for many Alumni, that is your most visible connection to the school after you leave.

I believe the problem we have is that the B.O.T. is run by yes men and people who are more interested in the trappings of what it means to be an IU trustee than they are in doing actual work.  Look at a guy like Shoulders, how much wreckage and slippage has that guy helped to oversee and yet he gets his spot, time after time.  If this new lady won, she is another.   "I am going to raise all of this money (read: your money) so we can keep doing the same stuff we've always done..."  She is going to be another rubber stamp because she appears content with the status quo.  We need some malcontents on that board that will ask the tough questions and stir things up.  I thought we had a chance with that this year so I tried to do something about it.

So if you are someone who still wants to support IU and you do not have million dollar pockets, trying to stuff the B.O.T. with some like minded individuals is about the only avenue left.  Let's be real, most of the ticked off people are already withholding money but the University does not listen to people who donate in the 3 to 5 figures every year...they care about 6 figures (slightly) and above (the real people with pull) so unless those folks get pissed, we get the status quo.

Archived