Archie's Comments on Brunk

Have to think he will help. Experience, size, energy, hustle, and a (loud) veteran voice. 

We still need the outside shooting -- hopefully Hunter is fully healthy and brings outside shooting, to go with improving shooting from the returning players -- and still need to work out who plays with who at what times up front, but like a Max B, he could be a difference maker.

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I could be wrong but i feel he said very similar things about Fitz.  But i have did zero research to find what was said last year so i am going strictly off my terrible memory :D 

He didn't call Fitzner a game-changer, and before the narrative gets started for next year, he didn't actually say that about Brunk. What he said about Brunk is that IU has lacked edge and personality, which I think we can all agree, and that he's excited because Brunk brings those things, along with experience, age and a locker-room presence. Brunk plays with emotion and passion, which IU lacked sorely last year. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

He didn't call Fitzner a game-changer, and before the narrative gets started for next year, he didn't actually say that about Brunk. What he said about Brunk is that IU has lacked edge and personality, which I think we can all agree, and that he's excited because Brunk brings those things, along with experience, age and a locker-room presence. Brunk plays with emotion and passion, which IU lacked sorely last year.

IU sorely misses a Thomas Bryant or Will Sheehey.  I'm hopeful that Brunk can bring at least a little of that.

Archived