Was Oladipo IU's best dunker of all time ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IU Scott said:

You guys caught me LOL! I can't believe it took this long to figure me out since I have been on IU sites since 1997

Of course I just piled on for fun. Lol

Generally speaking, I actually tend to MOST enjoy the average perspective from the segment of the fanbase which is just slightly older than I am. It's just been shaped by a greater sample size of the program ups and downs, and some truly unique(1975-76) times that I can only sit and try and dream of myself.

But you, more specifically, are actually one of my favorite reads anywhere on a sports board for anything.

3 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

Generally speaking, I actually tend to MOST enjoy the average perspective from the segment of the fanbase which is just slightly older than I am. It's just been shaped by a greater sample size of the program ups and downs, and some truly unique(1975-76) times that I can only sit and try and dream of myself.

But you, more specifically, are actually one of my favorite reads anywhere on a sports board for anything.

And how old are you?

3 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

When I was younger I always tried to study the history the game so I would know what came before me.  If you really wanted to check out the history of IU basketball before you then you could go to YouTube to watch old games to get the feel of what it was like.

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

We’ve had our share...I remember Greg Graham, Steve Hart, of course Vic and OG but guys let’s be fair...we give Justin Smith a tough time but he has thrown down his share of monster dunks and hopefully his best is yet to come lol.

I remember when I was a kid and Greg Graham did a reverse dunk in a game and I thought that was the coolest dunk I’ve ever seen...then of course my Dad said RMK will chew his arse for that,but he never said a word...at least during the game..😂

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

When I was younger I always tried to study the history the game so I would know what came before me.  If you really wanted to check out the history of IU basketball before you then you could go to YouTube to watch old games to get the feel of what it was like.

I have, and thank you!!.... since I would be right there had I not watched everything I could search up already .Lol  

11 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

I have, and thank you!!.... since I would be right there had I not watched everything I could search up already .Lol  

Galen Clavico has put out some good games the last few weeks and I got to see one of the games I have wanted to see in a long time.  It was the 1980 home game against OSU which was for the big ten championship.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Galen Clavico has put out some good games the last few weeks and I got to see one of the games I have wanted to see in a long time.  It was the 1980 home game against OSU which was for the big ten championship.

I remember that one...that was a barn burner.  

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

How about Tom Pritchard since he had one really good dunk.

Pritch’s missed dunk against UK while IU had an 8 point lead cancels out his 1 good dunk, lol.

Vic is by far the all time dunker at IU. I liked the one at the end of the Michigan game the best, poor sportsmanship and all!!

2 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Pritch’s missed dunk against UK while IU had an 8 point lead cancels out his 1 good dunk, lol.

Vic is by far the all time dunker at IU. I liked the one at the end of the Michigan game the best, poor sportsmanship and all!!

"By far?"  NSF my friend.

3 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

the one at the end of the UI game in the BTT was good as well.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

I remember that one...that was a barn burner.  

The last few weeks I have watched the 79 NIT championship against PU, that OSU game a and the home game  in 81 against PU.  I also watched the 81 tournament game against Maryland which was one of the best performance I have ever witnessed an IU team have.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Oh wow,the. I have to find this!!!!

Thanks again!  Ill try Google to start unless you have a specific link.

Also, I feel Killingsworth’s dunk was more of a moment than the dunk itself- just like the dunk by the great Steve Eyl that finished off UNLV. I remember Pat Knight got one once. Some dunks were just moments, great moments, though. Back to Victor, he had a really nasty one against Ohio State as well...oh, if I weren’t at work how I could reminisce!!

Archived