Have you ever seen a ghost ?

We stayed in a hotel in Arkansas. Supposedly filled with many ghosts. Never saw a ghost. But had friends who stayed in another room that claim they saw a ghost. One is a well respected lawyer in Denver. I don't know what to think.

America's Most Haunted Hotel | Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Have you ever had an out of this world experience with a ghost ?

57 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

We stayed in a hotel in Arkansas. Supposedly filled with many ghosts. Never saw a ghost. But had friends who stayed in another room that claim they saw a ghost. One is a well respected lawyer in Denver. I don't know what to think.

America's Most Haunted Hotel | Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Have you ever had an out of this world experience with a ghost ?

You know a well respected lawyer? That may as well be seeing a ghost.

:coffee:

I'll probably sound crazy.  I've come to believe I'm hypersensitive to the paranormal.  Have had experiences as long as I can remember. 

I have had 3 experiences that stand out more than the others and are unforgettable. The most recent was just a couple months ago. 

40 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'll probably sound crazy.  I've come to believe I'm hypersensitive to the paranormal.  Have had experiences as long as I can remember. 

I have had 3 experiences that stand out more than the others and are unforgettable. The most recent was just a couple months ago. 

Don't sound crazy at all to me.

Crazy topic. Huh ?  However enough people that have had experiences, like you.

If you care to share. I would love to hear more. 

11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Don't sound crazy at all to me.

Crazy topic. Huh ?  However enough people that have had experiences, like you.

If you care to share. I would love to hear more. 

#1 I would have been about 14 at the time.  Lived out in the country. It was at night about 1/4 mile from home.  About 10-15 yards in front of the car a black, featureless, man sized figure came out of a cornfield stopped in the middle of the road turned and looked and crossed the road into another cornfield.  It was late summer so corn was tall. It just didnt make any sense for it to be a person.

#2 In college I spent some time living in a Victorian style mansion built in 1892.  The original owner died there and at one point was a nursing home.

Stayed there while taking a summer class once and was alone alot since everybody went home. It was hot so the room I was staying in was about 16' long and about 7' wide.

Was on the phone late one night with my now wife when there were 3 loud bangs on the wall right beside me loud enough she heard them. I made sure nobody was home and the next day when the guy who lived in the room came back we checked it out and nothing had fell or was out of place.

In the same house a couple years before I was moving in for the fall semester unknowingly into the room the original owner died in. I was by myself and I didnt see or hear anything but was so overcome by a feeling of dread I had to leave.  Like something didnt want me there.  

#3. Couple months ago I'm sleeping in the living room, wife in the bedroom.  Woke up to footsteps, like someone stumbling out of bed half asleep, coming from the bedroom to the kitchen, then the sound of the refrigerator opening and closing.  Got up after a couple minutes because I didnt hear her go back to the bedroom and she had been in bed the whole time.

Alot of other things that I could find possible explanations for so aren't as memorable.

I can't confirm this but at about 4 before my parents got divorced she claims I would talk to her about an old man sitting on my bed every night talking to me.  Thing is, the previous owner was an old man who died in the house.

Interesting topic.  I believe in angels and demons.  Where ghosts or spirits fall or fit in???  I have had encounters, so to speak, with undoubtedly, possessed people.  Once on a mission trip to Costa Rica and others while working the streets of Indianapolis.  Interestingly Hebrews 13:2 says, "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it."  And remember 1/3 of the angels fell with Satan and became demons.

I do think that angels have acted supernaturally on my behalf, though I don't know that I have literally seen one.  As a young adult I once avoided a vehicle accident, with my car seemingly to bend around another car, barely missing.  There was just no natural explanation that I didn't get plowed right into my drivers side.  My buddy passenger sat frozen and didn't speak for 2 hours after that one.  When he finally spoke his first words were, "how did we just not die?"

I wouldn't doubt if some people are more susceptible to encounters.  It may be one of those things that if you believe it, you look for it, and you'll eventually see it.  Others, like Flynn may just be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I once lived in a little rental house by myself.  I had a street light right outside my window that no matter how hard I tried would still shine in.  Many nights I woke up gripped with fear, unable to move, barely able to breath, with complete blackness hovering over me, unable to see the street light coming in.  

5 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

#1 I would have been about 14 at the time.  Lived out in the country. It was at night about 1/4 mile from home.  About 10-15 yards in front of the car a black, featureless, man sized figure came out of a cornfield stopped in the middle of the road turned and looked and crossed the road into another cornfield.  It was late summer so corn was tall. It just didnt make any sense for it to be a person.

#2 In college I spent some time living in a Victorian style mansion built in 1892.  The original owner died there and at one point was a nursing home.

Stayed there while taking a summer class once and was alone alot since everybody went home. It was hot so the room I was staying in was about 16' long and about 7' wide.

Was on the phone late one night with my now wife when there were 3 loud bangs on the wall right beside me loud enough she heard them. I made sure nobody was home and the next day when the guy who lived in the room came back we checked it out and nothing had fell or was out of place.

In the same house a couple years before I was moving in for the fall semester unknowingly into the room the original owner died in. I was by myself and I didnt see or hear anything but was so overcome by a feeling of dread I had to leave.  Like something didnt want me there.  

#3. Couple months ago I'm sleeping in the living room, wife in the bedroom.  Woke up to footsteps, like someone stumbling out of bed half asleep, coming from the bedroom to the kitchen, then the sound of the refrigerator opening and closing.  Got up after a couple minutes because I didnt hear her go back to the bedroom and she had been in bed the whole time.

Alot of other things that I could find possible explanations for so aren't as memorable.

I can't confirm this but at about 4 before my parents got divorced she claims I would talk to her about an old man sitting on my bed every night talking to me.  Thing is, the previous owner was an old man who died in the house.

Thanks for sharing. Interesting in that the Cresent Hotel in Arkansas, which I referenced at the start of this thread. Was once run by a doctor. Many people died there. And he preformed autopsies in the basement of the building, before it was transformed back to a hotel.

Unexplained Happenings at America’s Most Haunted Hotel | 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa

47 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Interesting topic.  I believe in angels and demons.  Where ghosts or spirits fall or fit in???  I have had encounters, so to speak, with undoubtedly, possessed people.  Once on a mission trip to Costa Rica and others while working the streets of Indianapolis.  Interestingly Hebrews 13:2 says, "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it."  And remember 1/3 of the angels fell with Satan and became demons.

I do think that angels have acted supernaturally on my behalf, though I don't know that I have literally seen one.  As a young adult I once avoided a vehicle accident, with my car seemingly to bend around another car, barely missing.  There was just no natural explanation that I didn't get plowed right into my drivers side.  My buddy passenger sat frozen and didn't speak for 2 hours after that one.  When he finally spoke his first words were, "how did we just not die?"

I wouldn't doubt if some people are more susceptible to encounters.  It may be one of those things that if you believe it, you look for it, and you'll eventually see it.  Others, like Flynn may just be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I once lived in a little rental house by myself.  I had a street light right outside my window that no matter how hard I tried would still shine in.  Many nights I woke up gripped with fear, unable to move, barely able to breath, with complete blackness hovering over me, unable to see the street light coming in.  

Thanks so much for sharing. Your fantastic stories. 

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I am a Christian person.  I remember being taught God cast the dissenting Angel's out and said they were free to roam the earth to deceive and confuse  but not harm the living.  And I have had several dream experiences similar to yours. And some God take the wheel moments.

I also  have had several experiences where I reacted inexplicably but one in particular, I was with my dad at an REO Speedwagon concert it indy, his favorite band, and he suffered a heart attack.  This was in 2006 and I was 21.  I held his hand as he passed but felt an otherworldly comfort, like a hand on each shoulder, a peaceful feeling. Thank goodness his best friend brian was with us. Because I had to tell my grandma, his brother, my stepmother, and my mom.  And without brian I would have been lost. Hardest thing I've ever had to do. 

I do believe demonic presence is a real thing.  It isn't something that is easy to discuss because most people probably havent experienced it.  But if you have you know it is an overwhelmingly dreadful evil hateful experience.  

7 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I am a Christian person.  I remember being taught God cast the dissenting Angel's out and said they were free to roam the earth to deceive and confuse  but not harm the living.  And I have had several dream experiences similar to yours. And some God take the wheel moments.

I also  have had several experiences where I reacted inexplicably but one in particular, I was with my dad at an REO Speedwagon concert it indy, his favorite band, and he suffered a heart attack.  This was in 2006 and I was 21.  I held his hand as he passed but felt an otherworldly comfort, like a hand on each shoulder, a peaceful feeling. Thank goodness his best friend brian was with us. Because I had to tell my grandma, his brother, my stepmother, and my mom.  And without brian I would have been lost. Hardest thing I've ever had to do. 

I do believe demonic presence is a real thing.  It isn't something that is easy to discuss because most people probably havent experienced it.  But if you have you know it is an overwhelmingly dreadful evil hateful experience.  

Oh thanks for sharing.  My sister and I, along with other family members were in the hospital room, when my father passed. Hooked up, we saw him leaving us.  Neither I, nor my sister shared our feelings, until we got home. When I said to her, I felt sensations over my body as our father left us. And to my surprise, my sister said she felt the same sensations. No other person in the hospital room with us, said they felt the sensations.  Just weird. Something that I will always remember.  To this day. I honestly believe my dad is still looking over and protecting me.  Too many situations, especially when I was in the Army during Viet Nam, I have experienced that tell me so.

Archived