TBT

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

Are any former Hoosiers playing in this thing?

watching now and forgot about how good Aaron Craft is. The guy you love to hate, complain that he gets all the calls, but wish he was on your team. 

Jordan Hulls has the last couple of years, but I’m not sure about this year. 

Every time I see one of the alumni teams for a school like Ohio St or Syracuse, I wish we could see someone put together an IU alumni team. 

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Every time I see one of the alumni teams for a school like Ohio St or Syracuse, I wish we could see someone put together an IU alumni team. 

Watford, JBJ, Troy, Hulls, Sheehey wouldn't make for a half bad lineup. Tad on the small side, but could be effective.

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

Watford, JBJ, Troy, Hulls, Sheehey wouldn't make for a half bad lineup. Tad on the small side, but could be effective.

Watford, Sheehey, and Hulls all played for a team called Armored Athlete two years ago. Hulls was with them last year. 

Throw in Rojo and McSwain and see what happens. 

4 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Are any former Hoosiers playing in this thing?

watching now and forgot about how good Aaron Craft is. The guy you love to hate, complain that he gets all the calls, but wish he was on your team. 

Good post.  I’m very intrigued by Hassan Diarra, one of the kids we are recruiting.  I think he may be one of those types of players.  

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Good post.  I’m very intrigued by Hassan Diarra, one of the kids we are recruiting.  I think he may be one of those types of players.  

What spurred the ‘Craft love’ was a defensive play. When somebody was driving the lane he just stayed in front of him, kept his hands up and feet moving (back pedaling towards the basket). No contact, but caused the driver to travel because he was looking to get bailed out with a foul. 

I love that kind of defense:  discipline, fast feet and effort  

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

What spurred the ‘Craft love’ was a defensive play. When somebody was driving the lane he just stayed in front of him, kept his hands up and feet moving (back pedaling towards the basket). No contact, but caused the driver to travel because he was looking to get bailed out with a foul. 

I love that kind of defense:  discipline, fast feet and effort  

Absolutely, we would have loved him if he played for us.

16 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Speaking  of Freddie, I hadn't seen this posted before. SIAP

https://indianahq.com/pro-hoosiers-freddie-mcswain-jr-moncton-magic-win-nbl-canada-title/

Freddie seems to carving out a nice Pro Career.

Wasn't there a poster that said Freddie couldn't start for a YMCA team?

Well he couldn’t. He’s too busy getting paid 

23 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

bless you for using alumni rather than "alums"

17 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I heard an interview once with Craft where he said his plan was to hack and bump the guy he was guarding constantly because he knew the ref wouldn’t call everything if he played that way all the time.  Irritating to play against, but what I wouldn’t give to have a guy like that. 

you mean like dane fife?

On 7/20/2019 at 9:36 PM, Parakeet Jones said:

I heard an interview once with Craft where he said his plan was to hack and bump the guy he was guarding constantly because he knew the ref wouldn’t call everything if he played that way all the time.  Irritating to play against, but what I wouldn’t give to have a guy like that. 

Irritating in the Will Sheehey/Chris Kramer sense. Plays with a little bit of a cocky edge, and you love him if he's on your side and can't stand him if you're playing him.

On 7/20/2019 at 4:57 PM, Drroogh said:

Speaking  of Freddie, I hadn't seen this posted before. SIAP

https://indianahq.com/pro-hoosiers-freddie-mcswain-jr-moncton-magic-win-nbl-canada-title/

Freddie seems to carving out a nice Pro Career.

Wasn't there a poster that said Freddie couldn't start for a YMCA team?

Thanks for the link and I'm pretty surprised to see his full offensive arsenal. He's got jumpers and face-up games. I'm sure he's worked on these a lot after graduation, but he must've had these skills to certain extent while he was in college as well. Wasn't he confident enough or was it his lack of urgency in college or was it due to the coaching staff failed to recognize? 

Nonetheless, it's great to see he's doing well. 

8 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

Thanks for the link and I'm pretty surprised to see his full offensive arsenal. He's got jumpers and face-up games. I'm sure he's worked on these a lot after graduation, but he must've had these skills to certain extent while he was in college as well. Wasn't he confident enough or was it his lack of urgency in college or was it due to the coaching staff failed to recognize? 

Nonetheless, it's great to see he's doing well. 

I still remember how Freddie made MSU's lottery pick center disappear in a game when he had like a career night for rebounds. The raw talent was there, just hope he continues to develop and do IU proud!

Archived