Work Quotes and other offcolor quotes

Drroogh

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Back when (2013) we were trying to implement new air traffic software where I work, somebody wrote down on a white board exchanges between the controller and software engineers for posterity. I checked and they were still there today...

20190805_121313.jpg

20190805_121321.jpg

Noticed the unfinished statement in the bottom of your first image! My now somewhat infamous boss of the 85% of the original post, says " you can put your want's in one hand and your Crap in the other, see which one fills up first?"

Maybe, this is a military phrase as his Father was a full bird Colonel in the Army!

10 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Noticed the unfinished statement in the bottom of your first image! My now somewhat infamous boss of the 85% of the original post, says " you can put your want's in one hand and your Crap in the other, see which one fills up first?"

Maybe, this is a military phrase as his Father was a full bird Colonel in the Army!

Lol...yeah, there was more on there. Heard that expression long ago...I think from my Dad!

13 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I have no idea what the hell this actually means, but I'm using this line.  If only to confuse people.  Pure gold.

Said in a back and forth between a controller (who think 20 seconds is a long time due to the nature of the job) and a software engineer (who think a month is a short time due to the nature of the job) in fixing a flaw. It was really funny at times...

27 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Or Heywood Jablome

That one brought back one of my favorite prank memories from the dorms. Good friend from Martinsville lived in Briscoe on top floor. We took him out to eat for his birthday and while gone another friend make some modifications to his room. They turned the door upside side which out the top of the door close to the ceiling and the bottom was about 2 feet from the floor. They left a note saying something along the lines of due to the inclimate weather conditions in Indiana we needed to make some pressurization adjustments to your room. Signed by maintenance man Heywood Jablome.

59 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I heard a story once from a Martinsville guy that a gym teacher for the Artesians was named Richard Lipps.

I think his name is actually Don Lipps. He was the freshman basketball coach when I went there. Eventually became AD. I think he retired not long ago. But, yeah, the players called him Richard behind his back. 

God I feel old....

Since we have already gone off color, and the age of some of it took me back! Even before this old mind was born to 1946! A friend of mine at college played a black-market recording of this for several friends in the early seventies and for some vile reason I still remember. Maybe, it was revived as my Grandsons think flatulence is hilarious and even have a game that involves flatulence. Below is a link to the great 1946 Crepitation Contest! Warning audio is NSFW!  After a brief history there is a play link. Listen at your own risk!

https://www.oldradio.org/2014/06/1946-great-crepitation-fart-contest.html

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I heard a story once from a Martinsville guy that a gym teacher for the Artesians was named Richard Lipps.

My brother went to school with a guy named Dick Chew. Can you imagine if he went into the service and they yelled his name out last name first? 

35 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

My brother went to school with a guy named Dick Chew. Can you imagine if he went into the service and they yelled his name out last name first? 

If it were the Marines and he didn't have a copy of his birth certificate on him, he'd still be double timing it around Parris Island.

If we're going down the road of funny names, I'll add a few...all genuine and all living in southwestern Indiana in the past 50 years...

Harden Long

Harry Tewell

Ima Hoare

Uneda Peter (I have her obit somewhere)

...and I can't believe no one from Vincennes has chimed in with the name of a beloved Catholic priest from years ago...

Father Firmis Dick

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

If we're going down the road of funny names, I'll add a few...all genuine and all living in southwestern Indiana in the past 50 years...

Harden Long

Harry Tewell

Ima Hoare

Uneda Peter (I have her obit somewhere)

...and I can't believe no one from Vincennes has chimed in with the name of a beloved Catholic priest from years ago...

Father Firmis Dick

Nice...I think?

Let me see...I know the following people(hope they aren't members!)

Peter Head

Peter Jewell

Dick Hunt

Harry Bahls

Anita Dickens

Joy Dickerhoff

And my favorite....Peter Massengill

5 hours ago, rico said:

Nice...I think?

Let me see...I know the following people(hope they aren't members!)

Peter Head

Peter Jewell

Dick Hunt

Harry Bahls

Anita Dickens

Joy Dickerhoff

And my favorite....Peter Massengill

Harry Baals....former Ft. Wayne mayor. 

Our curling club printed tee shirts off that said "I curled with Harry Baals." Sold out in two days.

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Harry Baals....former Ft. Wayne mayor. 

Our curling club printed tee shirts off that said "I curled with Harry Baals." Sold out in two days.

I told it before. Many years ago Ohio Wesleyan women swim team was coach by a guy with first name of Dick. There team shirts said I swim for Dick!!

8 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'm from V-I, and that's a new one for me.

You were specifically one I thought of.  I know Father Firmus was a well-known priest in the '80's.  not sure how long before or after, but his name was giggled over many times 20-some years ago.  As I understand it, good priest and a nice guy.  Here's his obit (specifically mentions Vincennes)...I misspelled his name earlier...

https://obits.courierpress.com/obituaries/courierpress/obituary.aspx?n=firmus-dick&pid=138630772

Archived