Stan Robinson Arrested

Indykev

i will say this about Stan... my wife cold emailed some of the players a few years ago and asked if any would be willing to help her husband who was an alum and high school bball coach out with tickets for his 40th bday.  none answered other than Stan and he offered to help us out with tickets.  unfortunately for us, i had a holiday tournament of my own then and we couldn't swing it, but we thought that was very cool of him.

The concert was being held at the arena where the URI basketball team plays.  It's not like Stan was going miles out of his way to be a problem.  Are athletes not allowed to attend events?  Nor, is it surprising that an assistant coach was present.  I think everyone is making too big of a deal about this.  Yes, he should be suspended.  And, yes, he showed poor judgment.  But,  it does not make him a hardened criminal.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

The concert was being held at the arena where the URI basketball team plays.  It's not like Stan was going miles out of his way to be a problem.  Are athletes not allowed to attend events?  Nor, is it surprising that an assistant coach was present.  I think everyone is making too big of a deal about this.  Yes, he should be suspended.  And, yes, he showed poor judgment.  But,  it does not make him a hardened criminal.

He punched a cop... Pretty hard to spin that as some minor incident.

Archived