Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Congrats.  I, unfortunately, have to settle for the dreaded 'Regular Season Champion' banner.

Have many, many, many of those. In a league going on 20 years with childhood friends. Feel like the Atlanta Braves or whatever. Would win regular season after reason for years but come playoff time I always ran into one guy or player. Finally 3 years ago I won my first title in that league. Last year my 2nd....trying for 3 but need Thomas and Murray tonight to get 24 and change.

12 hours ago, rico said:

I am comfortably in the clubhouse awaiting my opponent for next week's championship contest.

My league is individual defense, and I needed one tackle from Darius Leonard.  Didn't take long to wrap that one up.  I'm safely in the championship now too.

Now to figure out which 3 WR I start next week

Kenny Golladay, DJ Moore, AJ Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Breshad Perriman.

10 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

My league is individual defense, and I needed one tackle from Darius Leonard.  Didn't take long to wrap that one up.  I'm safely in the championship now too.

Now to figure out which 3 WR I start next week

Kenny Golladay, DJ Moore, AJ Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Breshad Perriman.

At first glance I would go Perriman, Brown, and Moore. First time starting QB for DJ Moore though. I trust nothing in Detroit and Sanders will probably draw Ramsey.

17 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm in.  Just needed brees to beat kamara by 5.   

Big question.  Amari Cooper is being projected at 10 points after last week's one catch.   

My options are nice with Davante Adams lock. 

Kelce lock

I think it's time to consider Mark Andrews a lock.

And I snatched Amandola off wire last week for 19 points.  

Eagles secondary is horrible so might be a bounce back game for Cooper.....but I get the hesitation. I don't have Cooper in any of my leagues but know his fantasy numbers have been brutal in the last month. Costing many owners plenty.

On 12/17/2019 at 6:49 AM, Seeking6 said:

At first glance I would go Perriman, Brown, and Moore. First time starting QB for DJ Moore though. I trust nothing in Detroit and Sanders will probably draw Ramsey.

That's who I ended up going with.  I had Perriman and Kittle today, and he had Garappolo and Littleton for individual defense.  I definitely got the best of today.  Projected to win by 37 with a 94% chance of winning, but it has Garappolo with 2 fumble recoveries (2.5 points each), and they shouldn't count for offensive guys.  They always get taken off by the next day, so I'll probably be projected to win by 42.  Hopefully be able to celebrate by the time the afternoon games are over, but don't want to get too excited yet!

Hope everybody else had a good start to their game!

Just in case people didn't see yesterday. Derrick Henry likely out for Titans today. Dion Lewis likely to get the snaps there. I'm in a dangerous spot. I have both Mattison/Boone for Vikings. Problem is Mattison actually took reps in practice yesterday so it could be a shared backfield on Monday night. If I knew it was going to be one or the other I would definitely play either. Now I don't know. Maybe I just take the safe points with AP vs Giants Rush Defense that stinks.

Good luck to all today. Playing for title in childhood friends league. Both are projected right at 130 as it stands. I'm rolling with Tannehill again instead of Rodgers.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Well at least you got the lead and a good chance for the W...Good luck

Signed,  Disgruntled Runner-up

Been there many times. I can handle losing if my team does well point wise. I should end up around 155 if Thielen gets 5-6 catches for 75 yards. It will sting but that's all you can do. I have a problem when freak injuries happen or a star gets minimal targets or points. Those are the one's that really hurt.

2 hours ago, KDB said:

Record-wise across the board the worst year of Fantasy Football I've ever had but gonna end up with trophies in 3 of my five leagues.  

Third place in my money league, third in another, and champ in my own.. Not complaining. 

Just turn that knife a little more in my back...

Good luck to everybody who needs somebody in tonight's game...unless they play for the Packers!

I'm really happy about my team this year.  Almost sad to see the year come to an end.  Won by a ton in the championship. We started a dynasty league this year, so I'm all ready to go for next year!  The only bad thing is that if someone wins 2 in a row, we redraft.  I might have to tank at the end of next year if I'm in position to win.  I like my team too much to lose them!

I'll need to take a RB and QB in the rookie draft, but not sure who to target yet.  For my main guys going into next year I'll have:

QB - Wilson, Murray

RB - Barkley, Gordon

WR - Golladay, Moore, AJ Brown, Sanders, AJ Green

TE - Kittle, Fant, Higbee, Gronk (just in case!)

LB - Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith

DB - Shawn Williams, Keanu Neal, Derwin James

13 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Good luck to everybody who needs somebody in tonight's game...unless they play for the Packers!

I'm really happy about my team this year.  Almost sad to see the year come to an end.  Won by a ton in the championship. We started a dynasty league this year, so I'm all ready to go for next year!  The only bad thing is that if someone wins 2 in a row, we redraft.  I might have to tank at the end of next year if I'm in position to win.  I like my team too much to lose them!

I'll need to take a RB and QB in the rookie draft, but not sure who to target yet.  For my main guys going into next year I'll have:

QB - Wilson, Murray

RB - Barkley, Gordon

WR - Golladay, Moore, AJ Brown, Sanders, AJ Green

TE - Kittle, Fant, Higbee, Gronk (just in case!)

LB - Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith

DB - Shawn Williams, Keanu Neal, Derwin James

Team looks positioned for long term success. Only area of concern is WR...but if AJ Green signs with Seattle or Green Bay this off season you'll really have hit the jackpot.

Glad to say I won my league last night with childhood friends. I had Thielen and my opponent chose to play Mike Boone over Aaron Jones. I won by 10.1....haha. Will go down as one of those mistakes people make in fantasy by getting cute instead of playing the proven. 

Another fun season for the most part. I think if this year proved anything....there are about 3 RB's you can trust. Otherwise it's best to load up on elite wr's/tight ends and fill in the holes with rb's once they start dropping. 

23 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

What's everyone's strategy and thought process on keepers?  I get to keep 2.  Whatever round I drafted them in I skip next year.  

How is your draft set up?  As far as 1st pick to last pick and then how does the 2nd round go?

Archived