Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Tevin Coleman absolutely blowing up today.  Of, course he's on the bench.  I tried to talk my son into playing him.  Went so far as to tell him I think we'll regret not playing him.  I think he needs to be grounded.  

He was on my bench in 1 of my leagues. This sounds stupid but my team in that league is s good it lends itself to guess which players to play each week. This week I played Chase instead of Tevin. Need a miracle from Steelers Def tonight. Prefer the 7-8 sacks and 2 score kind of night haha.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Led by 58 points going into last night's game, thanks to Evans, Coleman, Stafford, and the Patriot's defense.

Ended up winning by 7 as my opponent had the Packer's running back Jones, and Kelce, along with Lazard, while my Packer receiver, Exxon-Valdes Scanling put up a whopping .40 points.

A win is a win, which is all the matters. Kinda feel bad for my opponent as he put up enough points to beat everyone else in my league this week but me.

Keep an eye this week on 2 important team RB positions. No clue who the Steelers will roll out vs Colts this week....actually might make Colts DST an attractive play. Every single Steelers back is hurt. Cardinals traded for Drake. Tough match up on short week but still might be worth a play for volume alone. 

Saints and Rams on bye week always hurts teams. Especially those of us who start Brees, Thomas and Kamara/Murray handcuff. I think I mentioned earlier in this thread but with Drake trade it's freeing up more touches for Mark Walton in Miami. Keep an eye on Rashad Penny too. If he's traded (especially to a good situation) he's someone to watch.

Good luck! Headed to the final month before playoffs fire up. 

48 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Keep an eye this week on 2 important team RB positions. No clue who the Steelers will roll out vs Colts this week....actually might make Colts DST an attractive play. Every single Steelers back is hurt. Cardinals traded for Drake. Tough match up on short week but still might be worth a play for volume alone. 

Saints and Rams on bye week always hurts teams. Especially those of us who start Brees, Thomas and Kamara/Murray handcuff. I think I mentioned earlier in this thread but with Drake trade it's freeing up more touches for Mark Walton in Miami. Keep an eye on Rashad Penny too. If he's traded (especially to a good situation) he's someone to watch.

Good luck! Headed to the final month before playoffs fire up. 

I picked up Bennie Snell from the Steelers early in the week as at the time both Kamara and Josh Jacobs were listed as Doubtful. By the end of the week, Snell had been dropped by something like 12-13,000 owners. I still have him, but he is part of a potential free agent swap, as I am trying to pick up Darren Fells since Ertz has been such a disappointment this year.

As far as Walton goes...I have learned to be hesitant to play anyone from such bad teams. Maybe just my bad luck, but I have had little success counting on guys whose teams struggle. 

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I picked up Bennie Snell from the Steelers early in the week as at the time both Kamara and Josh Jacobs were listed as Doubtful. By the end of the week, Snell had been dropped by something like 12-13,000 owners. I still have him, but he is part of a potential free agent swap, as I am trying to pick up Darren Fells since Ertz has been such a disappointment this year.

As far as Walton goes...I have learned to be hesitant to play anyone from such bad teams. Maybe just my bad luck, but I have had little success counting on guys whose teams struggle. 

Agree on all. For Walton...should have been more clear. This week particularly vs horrible Jets defense he could have really good chance to be RB2 for teams with Kamara/Murray/Gurley/Mixon/Freeman on bye. Might be worth a stash given Dolphins Week 14-16 schedule. Play against very bad rush defenses.

8 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Started Drake last night with 5 minutes to spare.  Popped for 29.2 on first game with Arizona.  

Yep. Certain positions on teams are must starts....Cardinals running back is always one of them. Tevin didn't help many out last night and the game manager of Jimmy G with 4 TD's? Who knew in a few weeks the Packers at 49ers game will be must watch. NFC showdown. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

Well aside from Hyde and Coleman I find myself up 3 heading into tonight.  I got Dak, my opponent has Barkley.

I'm in good shape across all leagues. Surprising with bye week for Saints and Thielen leaving so early. All I need is Gallup to not get more than 24 tonight and it's a clean sweep. Reminder to all. Guice from Redskins will be available to play in week 11. Might be wise to pick him up this week and stash him for end of season push. Another heavy dose of bye week replacements this week. Couple of guys who will be targeted for claims this week (if not already owned) are Ronald Jones from Tampa and probably Zach Pascal from Colts. 

I need Amari Cooper to not get -1.5.  If I had a receiver on the bench who was on bye, I would make a lineup change, but I don't.

Assuming Amari doesn't fumble or throw an interception and otherwise not score, I should end the week 7-2 with a 2 game lead in division and a game league overall.

After a 2-5 start in my money league, about to win my second straight.. Thinking I can go on a nice win streak.

Made a trade a couple weeks ago that has been great for me overall. Loving my team now.

Sent Russ, Diggs, and Phillip Lindsay for Cousins, Golladay, and Fournette.. League is a 12 teamer, 4pt passing TD, PPR.

Was missing a consistent RB2 all year alongside Zeke so feels great to have Fournette.

Paired Golladay with Chark, and picked up DK a couple weeks ago who’s been great at my flex so far.

1 minute ago, KDB said:

After a 2-5 start in my money league, about to win my second straight.. Thinking I can go on a nice win streak.

Made a trade a couple weeks ago that has been great for me overall. Loving my team now.

Sent Russ, Diggs, and Phillip Lindsay for Cousins, Golladay, and Fournette.. League is a 12 teamer, 4pt passing TD, PPR.

Was missing a consistent RB2 all year alongside Zeke so feels great to have Fournette.

Paired Golladay with Chark, and picked up DK a couple weeks ago who’s been great at my flex so far.

Nice moves! Couple of my money leagues the participants are so bent on keeping their guys rarely do trades ever happen. They fear being burnt more than making something work. I've chasing RB2 all year long but finally have it coming together I think. Just need some guys to stay healthy. 

59 minutes ago, KDB said:

Have had Fournette all year.  Dude plays every down,  is money for yards, and will catch a few passes every week.  The one thing he won't do is get in the freaking end zone.  1 TD all season, if I am recalling correctly.  Mind-Boggling that someone with his touches does not score.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Have had Fournette all year.  Dude plays every down,  is money for yards, and will catch a few passes every week.  The one thing he won't do is get in the freaking end zone.  1 TD all season, if I am recalling correctly.  Mind-Boggling that someone with his touches does not score.

Yeah, It’s definitely frustrating. The scores will come with his usage though... I hope.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Seems like Barry Sanders used to be like that.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Nice moves! Couple of my money leagues the participants are so bent on keeping their guys rarely do trades ever happen. They fear being burnt more than making something work. I've chasing RB2 all year long but finally have it coming together I think. Just need some guys to stay healthy. 

That’s how lots of guys in my leagues are.

2 trades have occurred in that league and I was a part of both.

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Quick update. Mark Walton was suspended for 4 games today. Drugs policy. After last weeks trade and this news whoever the RB is in Miami still standing might be worth a start if in a bye week or injury jam. 

Mark ran for all of 29 yards yesterday. I would hope that their line would provide a little bit more against the Jets.

Archived