Archie in Evansville

KDB

Listened to the whole thing. I like our coach. I think he has the right idea about Indiana and basketball and how important it is to the state. The way he talked, he seems to want to be at IU for a long time.

I loved his comments about leadership. He's exactly right. Leaders not only talk the talk, but have to walk the walk as well. There's no such thing as a true leader without integrity.

But, for any coach to succeed, bottom line is it has to translate to the basketball court...

29 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I think this may have been the most personality I have seen from Archie.

Sometimes he seems to come off robotic and guarded ( and who can blame him?!).

But he really is a funny, smart and likeable guy. 

I always appreciate his directness and honesty on topics.

I think the first 2 years could've been a bit difficult for him, and the whole package (speaking arrangements, fans, etc.) could be overwhelming since he came from a small program. It's good to see he's feeling more comfortable. 

9 hours ago, JEFFVETTE said:

I didn't like the guy trying to crack jokes. I didn't like the long winded question. It kind of ruined it.

Other than that, I think CAM is a straight up coach. 

Yeah...I agree about the guy trying to be funny.  Folks came to hear Coach Miller and not that yahoo.  Sheesh...what a maroon.

On 8/28/2019 at 9:25 AM, addictedtoIU said:

I think the first 2 years could've been a bit difficult for him, and the whole package (speaking arrangements, fans, etc.) could be overwhelming since he came from a small program. It's good to see he's feeling more comfortable. 

dayton is not really a small program

On 8/28/2019 at 9:25 AM, addictedtoIU said:

As a result of CTC's last few years, I think Glass put some restrictions on CAM (recruits, transfers) in order to raise the APR that put him in a difficult situation. I think he was forced to do the best with what he had. If he was ever going to be able to attract high level talent, he had to go after Romeo even though the program wasn't as stable with HIS upperclassmen as he wanted it. Just my $.02.

Archived