From TDH. Hoosiers who made the final NFL cut.

milehiiu

I wasn't so shocked that Knight made a roster.He had some injury issues take a nice chunk of his development time at IU.I thought he never peaked as high as I hoped on the IU O-line but he was very solid.Apparently Im far from the only one who felt there was more potential yet to be tapped into.

On 9/2/2019 at 10:00 AM, jblaz13 said:

I wasn't so shocked that Knight made a roster.He had some injury issues take a nice chunk of his development time at IU.I thought he never peaked as high as I hoped on the IU O-line but he was very solid.Apparently Im far from the only one who felt there was more potential yet to be tapped into.

i met his parents in miami before the fiu game a couple years ago. nice folks

5 hours ago, coachv said:

i met his parents in miami before the fiu game a couple years ago. nice folks

Neat reading you met Knight's family. 

Ironically, I  hear of more instances of people running into or meeting players or their families in away game settings. Seems a bit looser andf les PC when it is the diehards and the loved ones a bit further from home for games.. Never been to Florida before, myself and it's something I still eagerly look forward to doing for an IU game. As long as Allen is coaching at IU it would seem inevitable at some point. 

16 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

Neat reading you met Knight's family. 

Ironically, I  hear of more instances of people running into or meeting players or their families in away game settings. Seems a bit looser andf les PC when it is the diehards and the loved ones a bit further from home for games.. Never been to Florida before, myself and it's something I still eagerly look forward to doing for an IU game. As long as Allen is coaching at IU it would seem inevitable at some point. 

don't go to an fiu game. it was more like a rave than a college football game. they have a dj on the upper deck spinning super loud hip hop music all game long. the announcer screams for attention all game long. just an awful game atmosphere. couldn't wait to get out of there and will never go back

36 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Coach, is that a technique issue...or strength??  Or both?  Wasn't Spriggs considered better than average coming out as a senior?

i'm a basketball coach, not football so i'm no expert. i can tell you rushers could bull rush or run around him with equal ease. surely spriggs was a highly thought of prospect and the packers invested a second round pick to get him. he would have been cut before last season if he was a late round pick. green bay was also desperate for o-line depth but when called upon, spriggs was a disaster. i would be very surprised if he plays anywhere in the nfl again. 

Archived