Eastern Illinois Pregame Thread

KDB

20 hours ago, Andy06 said:

I saw they lost week 1 to Chattanooga 24-10.

We need to end this one by halftime,  let the backups get some reps, and put nothing on film for tO$U.  I feel like the gameplan has been to save the creative stuff for next week.

I agree, but it would have been nice to see that trick play in the end zone from Saturday's game to be used on OSU....

Tony Romo went to Eastern Illinois, so there's that!

On a more serious issue, I really hope for a few things:

1. Better tackling.  Fisch said that BSU picked up like 150 yards after missed tackles.  That needs cleaned up ASAP because you're staring down the barrel at OSU.  Besides tackling, I expected the D line to hold up against the run better.

2. Better coverage.  I like Devon Matthews but jeez was he picked on in coverage.  

3.  More discipline.  Ball is one of my favorite players, but he is so much more capable of smarter, leadership type of plays.

4.  The offensive line getting better push in the run game.  BSU stacked the box, fine, but we have some veterans on that line that should be tough and nasty in the running game. Darren Hiller confounds me because I feel like he has more talent to work with than we show.  You see a guy like Greg Frey, where our line noticeably played better and he's on the street now having been dismissed a couple of times.  I don't know if bridges have been burned from when he left but he may be an interesting guy to bring back.

5. No more dropsies.  Some of that may be that Penix needs to work on his touch.  As much potential as he showed, the fine tuning is only natural for an early starter at this level.

There were plenty of positives, from the specials to Ronnie Walker to Penix's explosiveness (he can rip it and is a great teammate), etc.

All legitimate concerns...and all of which the coaching staff will be addressing, as Coach Allen said in his remarks on Monday, I believe.  In the case of Ball's penalties...I think Coach Allen addressed those immediately following the game.  I don't think that you're alone in hoping these concerns improve.  

So glad, I have Hulu.  Comcast does not use the alternative Big Ten Channel.  And the IU/EI game is not being broadcast where I live.  However, Hulu does have the alternate channel.  And I am expecting to view the game that way.  Just thought I would put that out for others to know. 

2 hours ago, iu2win said:

A recent notification I received from YoutubeTV indicates they also carry the BTN Alternate but it will only appear on the channel list when the Alternate is in use.  Guess I'll test this at game time tomorrow.

Good to know. For our HSN members who do not live in the Big Ten Network "footprint".  And it is good to know our members at least have two options. Outside of the "footprint" to be able to watch this game. YoutubeTV, and Hulu.  Thanks for sharing.

May sound strange. However, I am really looking forward to this game.  Not because of the line. But because of two things.  Wondering how Coach Allen has worked on two things.  Defensive tackling. And the O line opening up the holes for Stevie Scott to be able to run wild. 

Reminder to our friends traveling from North Indy and further North. INDOT has shut down 465 on SE side of Indy. Make plans for alternate route. This weekend might not be so bad but next weekend with early noon kickoff....everyone plus all Ohio St fans coming from that side will cause some backups.

Archived