Armaan Franklin

DWB

Just saw a posting on the IUBB twitter account that Armaan won the pre-season Iron Man award for the team. Not exactly sure what that entails, but it sure ain't a bad thing!

Subtitle says "effort & attitude". Could it be we have a new McBob who can shoot???

Anybody have any more details?

No details, trying to figure out if this is good or bad? Obviously it's great for Franklin. 

Can be interrupted a couple different ways though. You'd hope guys like Green, Smith, Davis, Brunk or Phinisee might win this being that they'll be leaders and are returning players, or even someone like Damezi Anderson who has a lot to prove.

The flip side is that as Archie looks to build 'his' culture and implement a culture shift, it's a good sign with Phinisee already in the fold, Brunk clearly onboard and a solid group of recruits coming in next year in Leal, Galloway and Geronimo, that Archie's guys are setting the tone. I also like it because Franklin is a guy that could surprise us this year, maybe not to the same extent but he seems like a candidate to have an Aaron Henry like freshmen impact. Henry's situation was different, fitting perfectly into an open position on a very talented, veteran team, but Franklin seems like he's from a similar mold. 

I like it.  Someone that is projected to be a role player setting the example on how it should be done.  It either helps increase his role, or pushes others to fight to stay ahead.  Either way, the team is better for it.  

By contrast, if someone like Al or Rob had won the award, it would have been expected, and with those guys already having clearly defined roles, the impact may not be as significant.

It’s POSSIBLE we could see a negative in this i’ll Admit but I tend to think Archie is shocked that a frosh is working so hard and rewarded it. I doubt it means key guys aren’t working hard. I think there’s enough leadership in this group to keep that from happening.

2 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

It’s POSSIBLE we could see a negative in this i’ll Admit but I tend to think Archie is shocked that a frosh is working so hard and rewarded it. I doubt it means key guys aren’t working hard. I think there’s enough leadership in this group to keep that from happening.

If I was Archie, I would grade on a scale. The longer you’re in the program, the expectations keep rising. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the case. Not taking away from Armann, though. He came in described as a highly coachable “effort” player. I’m sure he earned it

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

If I was Archie, I would grade on a scale. The longer you’re in the program, the expectations keep rising. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the case. Not taking away from Armann, though. He came in described as a highly coachable “effort” player. I’m sure he earned it

I’d assume you’re nailing it. He’s going to award the person he’s most surprised with their work ethic.

Archived