2022 / 2023 Names to Watch

Thanks TDH. Indiana keeps producing some talent!

I went to see the Center Grove (TJD) vs Cathedral (Armaan) game last year. No one was there to see Comer, and then he upstaged everybody. He was really quick, making a ton of plays. We’ll see what happens, but he could be Rob’s successor as the next 4-year homegrown PG. 

It will be interesting to see if any of these guys’ paths are altered by the changes to the OAD rule. Or maybe the new NCAA rule will keep them in college. 

Does anyone know much about Braden Smith, the guard out of Westfield? He was a freshman last season but I went to watch Westfield play Franklin Central and despite being just a freshman, the kid really stood out in that game. It was very obvious he was the best player on the court and it wasn't close. He's fairly small, I'd say no bigger than 5'9-5'10, but maybe has room to grow? I'm guessing he's not really on the radar but a quick internet search showed that he is getting some interest from Northwestern. 

1 hour ago, hoosiermd said:

Does anyone know much about Braden Smith, the guard out of Westfield? He was a freshman last season but I went to watch Westfield play Franklin Central and despite being just a freshman, the kid really stood out in that game. It was very obvious he was the best player on the court and it wasn't close. He's fairly small, I'd say no bigger than 5'9-5'10, but maybe has room to grow? I'm guessing he's not really on the radar but a quick internet search showed that he is getting some interest from Northwestern. 

He killed us last year when we played them. Had 20 with 6 3's...and yes I scouted them lol. I'd be willing to bet he's the best shooter in this class in Indiana...He plays high level AAU, don't know much else. Will be a mid-major to higher tier D1 player when he's older, IMO. 

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Loving-Watts is someone I expect to climb in the rankings.  He's the best player on a team with two other D1 players, both who are seniors this year.

If he grows 7", will he be known as a mega-Watt?

How about if someone commits a hard foul on him.  Are they trying to kill-a-Watt?

Sorry, ran out of ketchup jokes. 

2 hours ago, hoosiermd said:

He's good. I haven't seen him in person yet but we play him game 2 on the season so we'll be scouting them their first game and playing them their second game. I'll share a report on him after that. 

20 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Just Curious if anyone knows much about TJD's younger brother Tayven Jackson who is s sophmore at Center Grove. I know he was 6'4 guard last year as a freshman.

He's good, but the first thing he has to decide is what sport he will play.  He is the starting QB at CG as well.  He has a different dad so don't expect that he will be much taller.  He is probably good enough to play some level of college at both sports.  Levels of college are TBD.

6 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Here are eight names to keep an eye on this year in-state.

Who are some of the other in state underclassmen players you guys are watching?

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-eight-class-of-2022-2023-in-state-names-to-know/

As always thanks! Us out of state guys that make it in for the holidays..it's always nice to try to catch a game or two and knowing who to watch for really helps! Appreciate your update!

11 hours ago, DC2345 said:

He's good. I haven't seen him in person yet but we play him game 2 on the season so we'll be scouting them their first game and playing them their second game. I'll share a report on him after that. 

12 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

He killed us last year when we played them. Had 20 with 6 3's...and yes I scouted them lol. I'd be willing to bet he's the best shooter in this class in Indiana...He plays high level AAU, don't know much else. Will be a mid-major to higher tier D1 player when he's older, IMO. 

Thanks a lot guys!!! I'd love to see what you think DC after playing him. Thanks too Coach for the mini-scouting report. I plan on going to see him play a few times this year as we fairly close to the area. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived