James Wiseman

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

House - 12

Bumper Stickers - 7

Those must have been some very high end bumper stickers.

That's the 4th little pig that got cut from the story for timing purposes. Bumper stickers fall somewhere between straw/sticks and bricks in terms of structural integrity.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Can we just end the OAD already?  It's a total embarrassment to college athletics.

You guys know how I feel about OAD's.  Now that North Carolina is trying to keep their head above water.... I have seen several UNC fans saying that Ole Roy, hung his hat on OAD's.  To their detriment this year.  Could not agree more.  Got to have experienced players spread out throughout the roster.  Great to go after talented frosh. But not the OAD's.  UNC is experiencing what I have been saying for years about OAD's.  Heck, for that matter, so is Kentucky, so far this year.

Before the "OADs are the antichrist" train fills up, just keep in mind, the possibility of TJD being a OAD isn't all that slim, and he's been pretty much a model player this year. "All/none", "always/never" can be dangerous words.

Now, the biggest difference.....Trayce never set out to intentionally be a OAD.

47 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Before the "OADs are the antichrist" train fills up, just keep in mind, the possibility of TJD being a OAD isn't all that slim, and he's been pretty much a model player this year. "All/none", "always/never" can be dangerous words.

Now, the biggest difference.....Trayce never set out to intentionally be a OAD.

What I've said many times.  A OAD is fine but I don't want the OAD no matter what kids.  They are only about themselves.  Trayce is not.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

You guys know how I feel about OAD's.  Now that North Carolina is trying to keep their head above water.... I have seen several UNC fans saying that Ole Roy, hung his hat on OAD's.  To their detriment this year.  Could not agree more.  Got to have experienced players spread out throughout the roster.  Great to go after talented frosh. But not the OAD's.  UNC is experiencing what I have been saying for years about OAD's.  Heck, for that matter, so is Kentucky, so far this year.

Kentucky did great with the OAD until Duke and now more schools started to play that game. The real problem  is how they  get their players and the rest of college  teams try  to play by the rules to be student athletes. I love the fact that George Mac  and Romeo  came to IU. Gordon did not have to play here but  chose to. I don't  like the fact that the game I grew up with ( mostly 4 year players)  has changed. But if the time switches to 1975 NOT 76 how many players leave before the last perfect season. I know how you feel Mile but would the Big Bell played more than 1 year if the money was there. My Father was offered to play MLB back before I was born ( 1952) by the Tigers and the St. Louis Browns but didn't sign I asked him before he passed why he didn't sign and he said he made as much as MLB were making at the time. I miss the 4 year players  but take the money and run. I wish they would all be at IU for more than 1 or 2 seasons but not in today's cards. Love you Mile not trying to change how you feel but how I try to take the hand MBB has been dealt                 ps  Mile I don't like OAD either but sometimes they happen TDJ maybe

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

What I've said many times.  A OAD is fine but I don't want the OAD no matter what kids.  They are only about themselves.  Trayce is not.

Agree. And I think this is something that gets lost. If you're recruiting talented kids, even if there is no OAD rule, there will still be those that leave as freshmen. It's going to happen more often now than it used to before the OAD rule. The money is just too good to risk.

2 hours ago, loviubb said:

Kentucky did great with the OAD until Duke and now more schools started to play that game. The real problem  is how they  get their players and the rest of college  teams try  to play by the rules to be student athletes. I love the fact that George Mac  and Romeo  came to IU. Gordon did not have to play here but  chose to. I don't  like the fact that the game I grew up with ( mostly 4 year players)  has changed. But if the time switches to 1975 NOT 76 how many players leave before the last perfect season. I know how you feel Mile but would the Big Bell played more than 1 year if the money was there. My Father was offered to play MLB back before I was born ( 1952) by the Tigers and the St. Louis Browns but didn't sign I asked him before he passed why he didn't sign and he said he made as much as MLB were making at the time. I miss the 4 year players  but take the money and run. I wish they would all be at IU for more than 1 or 2 seasons but not in today's cards. Love you Mile not trying to change how you feel but how I try to take the hand MBB has been dealt                 ps  Mile I don't like OAD either but sometimes they happen TDJ maybe

Thank you for this post.  And being a long time member of HSN. 

Archived