IU vs North Alabama Pre-Game Thread

milehiiu

Tuesday, Nov. 12

SSAH

7 p.m. ET.

BTN

IU Radio Network

North Alabama is located in Florence, Alabama. They are members of the Atlantic Sun Conference. And play their home games in Flower Hall. Capacity 4,000.

North Alabama is the oldest public university in Alabama.  With a 39% graduation rate as of 2016-2017

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Tuesday, Nov. 12

SSAH

7 p.m. ET.

BTN

IU Radio Network

North Alabama is located in Florence, Alabama. They are members of the Atlantic Sun Conference. And play their home games in Flower Hall. Capacity 4,000.

North Alabama is the oldest public university in Alabama.  With a 39% graduation rate as of 2016-2017

I’m looking forward to this game as I live in Huntsville, Alabama about an hour from Florence. My daughter went to UNA her freshman year before coming back home and is now at UA-Huntsville. UNA has always had a pretty good team until they made the move to D1. I’m just really looking forward to finally being able to watch a game!

31 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Stats from their one game at S. Carolina. Brick city. N Alabama shot 24.6% overall and was 2-21 from 3. S Carolina won by 22 but was 2-9 from 3 and 19-36 (52.8%!) from FT line. Teams combined for 38 TOs.

https://roarlions.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2019-2020

Thank you.  We can only hope for the same.  Whew.  Those are some pretty bad stats.

2 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

I’m looking forward to this game as I live in Huntsville, Alabama about an hour from Florence. My daughter went to UNA her freshman year before coming back home and is now at UA-Huntsville. UNA has always had a pretty good team until they made the move to D1. I’m just really looking forward to finally being able to watch a game!

That's cool.  Thanks for sharing.  I love stuff like this.

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

I always blame technology...and my eye doc.   LOL.   😋

Actually, it's not my eyes.  Have better than 20/20  vision.  Thanks to modern medicine, a few years back.

I'm chalking it up to early morning posting, and not double checking, as I normally do.   LOL

You are a great member.  Always enjoy your posts.

Not a lot of conversation about the Nov. 12 game. And I can understand that. Considering the opponent.  Which I am sure most of us know little or nothing about.

The Lions bused up to B-town on Sunday. Took six hours.  In order to be able to practice in Assembly Hall on Monday.

Also in the article. There seems to be a big difference in the size of their home gym versus what I posted above.

Anyway.  A big game for them :

For North Alabama, Playing at Assembly Hall is Something Special

54 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Not a lot of conversation about the Nov. 12 game. And I can understand that. Considering the opponent.  Which I am sure most of us know little or nothing about.

The Lions bused up to B-town on Sunday. Took six hours.  In order to be able to practice in Assembly Hall on Monday.

Also in the article. There seems to be a big difference in the size of their home gym versus what I posted above.

Anyway.  A big game for them :

For North Alabama, Playing at Assembly Hall is Something Special

Yep, it’s a small gym. Been in it several times. Hell, my high school gym in Vincennes is at least twice the size of UNA’s. It’s an awesome campus though. The coolest part is the lion cage with the schools 2 mascots, real lions in the middle of the campus. My daughter loved seeing the lions every day.

41 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Another thing to come out of that article above. North Alabama uses a full court press for 40 minutes a game.  Will be interesting to see if they try doing that against IU.

We got a lot of easy baskets and good transition out of it last game. Might wear on our guards a little with Green still out but I have faith Rob, Al, and Armaan can handle it.

11 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

Yep, it’s a small gym. Been in it several times. Hell, my high school gym in Vincennes is at least twice the size of UNA’s. It’s an awesome campus though. The coolest part is the lion cage with the schools 2 mascots, real lions in the middle of the campus. My daughter loved seeing the lions every day.

Thanks for the share. Not quite sure what to make of the fact that they actually have two real lions.  I mean.  It's cool and all. But wonder who takes care of them ? 

29 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

V-I represent. 

On 11/10/2019 at 11:26 AM, 13th&Jackson said:

Stats from their one game at S. Carolina. Brick city. N Alabama shot 24.6% overall and was 2-21 from 3. S Carolina won by 22 but was 2-9 from 3 and 19-36 (52.8%!) from FT line. Teams combined for 38 TOs.

https://roarlions.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2019-2020

So what your saying is they will have a career night against IU. 

Archived