Indiana High School Basketball (2019-2020)

5fouls

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Silver Creek over Heritage Hills 82-78 in OT.  Kaufman with 32.

Kaufman was the biggest athlete on the court but his teammate, Brandon Northern, was the best player on the floor today. Quick, solid ball handler, good decision making, knocked down clutch threes in SC's 4th qtr comeback, including a nice shot fake that caused a defender to fly by.  Didn't see his final point total, but he was in the high 20s, I believe.

He had 28 in their last game against BNL.

Has an offer from Alabama A&M, but his offers will get much better.

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Kaufman was the biggest athlete on the court but his teammate, Brandon Northern, was the best player on the floor today. Quick, solid ball handler, good decision making, knocked down clutch threes in SC's 4th qtr comeback, including a nice shot fake that caused a defender to fly by.  Didn't see his final point total, but he was in the high 20s, I believe.

Northern's game has come a long way this season.  Big test for him tonight against Nigel Pack.  

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Northern's game has come a long way this season.  Big test for him tonight against Nigel Pack.  

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Good genes.

Just got back he from a full day of watching basketball at New Castle.  I did one thing I have said I don't do much but I left early during the championship game.  It was LC up 39-14 at half and my friend was going to leave so I did not want to sit by myself so I left.  Kind of disappointed in the crowd for both sessions because they use to almost sell it out and now they are lucky to get 3500 people.  

In the first game I thought Kaufmann played really well on the offensive end.  On the defensive end and rebounding he really as a lot of work to do because he tended to float to the perimeter to much.  Heritage Hill was killing them on the offensive glass and Kaufmann was trying to leak out on the break.

Ugly, ugly Championship game for the Hall of Fame classic.  I told my son during the afternoon break that I would be happy with a 15-20 point loss.  it was evident that Lawrence Central was a matchup nightmare for Silver Creek even before the two teams took the floor.  They were quicker at every single position, and had the length to give Silver Creek all kinds of problems. Lawrence Central demonstrated how to totally take Silver Creek out of their game.  They had perfect matchups to neutralize Northern (Pack) and Jacobi (Dre Davis), and still be good enough to put a harassing double team on Kaufman, even though they could not match his size. 

Thankfully, for Silver Creek, not many (if any other) teams in the state have that kind talent. But, it does show that SC is vulnerable.  I personally think they were better last year, and will be better next year as well.  This season is somewhat of a transition after losing the 4 seniors from last year (3 of them who are playing in college) and only having one senior this season (a reserve that gets 4-5 minutes a game).

FW Carroll 60 - FW Snider 49

With that the Chargers win the SAC conference tournament.  Brought to my attention last night that Carroll is now 8-1 with their lone loss coming at #5 3A Norwell by 2 points.  Homestead is getting most of the pub around the Fort with Goode and the Chargers are flying under the radar.

22 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Meh.. we shut him down in a 5th grade game. Held him to like 22 😂😂.. you could tell then how good he'd be. 

6 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Top 10 scoring teams in the state. Little bit of separation

OFFENSIVE AVERAGE
1. South Decatur 2A 90.70
2. Blackford 2A 79.13
  Indy Attucks 4A 79.13
4. Indy Cathedral 4A 79.00
5. Kouts 1A 78.17
6. Marion 4A 77.57
7. Lawr. Central 4A 76.88
8. Lawr. North 4A 76.43
9. Michigan City 4A 76.29
10. Prov. Cristo Rey 1A 76.13

Is it because they hit a lot of 3's or do they press the whole game and get a lot of easy baskets.  That is a lot of points for a 32 minute game so they have to really take a lot of quick shots.

52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Is it because they hit a lot of 3's or do they press the whole game and get a lot of easy baskets.  That is a lot of points for a 32 minute game so they have to really take a lot of quick shots.

Everyone has green light to shoot 3. Very good shooters 3 avg over 20 2 others over 10

Archived