Penn State Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said in the pre game thread that IU does not get any breaks in games against the top teams.

1) the muff punt- did not look like Whop touch the ball but should not put himself in that situation.

2) The play that Whop got hurt should have been a targeting call which would have given us the ball back.

3) now we shoot ourselves in the foot with a drop TD

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

All that is true.  However, should have kicked the ball, and not have burned a time out.  Stupid overall.

I was in favor of going for it. Called the timeout and had no play. I don't understand why burn the T.O. if this is the decision?

3 minutes ago, KDB said:

I’m sure we’ll make it interesting just to be disappointed.

As a IU football fan for over 40 years we see these kinds of mistakes against top teams all the time.  saying that this is a different program now and I see a team that is way more competitive against teams like PSU.  I have seen to many 63-7 games over the years against the top teams.  Not saying I am good with moral victories but I am happy that we are not getting embarrassed.

This game is exactly what I said a couple of weeks ago. Ramsey is good, but not beat the elite good. I have to think that if Penix were back there, we’d be stretching the field vertically, taking advantage of our height advantage on the outside, and loosening up their run defense.

Ramsey has brought us this far, for the most part. Penix is the play maker who would put us on a more level playing field with these types of teams 

Just now, jefftheref said:

We are close but no cigar. Too many mental errors. We need a few more playmakers and more coaching experience.

They need the playmakers they do have to just COMPLETE the type of plays that have already been clear opportunities to swing the game the other way.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

As a IU football fan for over 40 years we see these kinds of mistakes against top teams all the time.  saying that this is a different program now and I see a team that is way more competitive against teams like PSU.  I have seen to many 63-7 games over the years against the top teams.  Not saying I am good with moral victories but I am happy that we are not getting embarrassed.

I've been an IU fan for longer than you.  No matter.  Could not agree with you more.

Archived