Troy Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IU878176 said:

Hopefully Damezi has this type of confidence, and plays this well, against better competition. I don’t remember him looking this comfortable against anyone last year.

I’d expect more ups and downs this season , he really doesn’t have a ton of minutes in big ten action to fall back on from last season.

3 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Hopefully Damezi has this type of confidence, and plays this well, against better competition. I don’t remember him looking this comfortable against anyone last year.

Maybe he should continue attacking those mid-range jumpers early in the game to increase his confidence. I haven’t seen him do this before but he has a good touch.

4 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Maybe he should continue attacking those mid-range jumpers early in the game to increase his confidence. I haven’t seen him do this before but he has a good touch.

He does have a good touch. His low release looks odd, he even has a low release when throwing alley-oop passes, but it seems to work for him. Hopefully it translates against better athletes that can close out more quickly.

Love this schedule for this particular team. Meshing young and new players with old while developing confidence and winning. Will take it all day long. In fact I'll take the next 3 as well before things change in December.

In two years people can ask about this schedule if we maintain similar opponents (thinking being we'll be getting older and mature) but not now. Archie doing what he needs to do.

Regarding game. Plenty of positives, contributions again from all. Thought our first half defense was better. Still work to do in some basics/communication but that's why we have these games.

8 hours ago, coachv said:

better than langford?

An interesting question, but this is almost like comparing Archie’s first 2 years to Holtman’s. TJD and Romeo walked into 2 different situations. 

I think if Romeo walked onto this team, a year more mature and not as injury plagued (knock on wood), his season would’ve been drastically different. And that’s not taking his bum thumb into consideration. 

Archived