Indiana vs Princeton Pre-Game Thread

milehiiu

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Tonight's game will mark only the fifth time IU has played Princeton.  Interestingly enough, this will be only the second time in AH. IU first met Princeton on Dec. 27, 1969, for an invitational hosted by UCLA.  Princeton won that game in Pauley Pavilion 86-76.

Next meeting was in Madison Square Garden for an NIT game in 1972.  Princeton won that game 68-60.

In the 1980's the two teams met in Indianapolis.  IU won  83-54.

Last time they met was in AH. A 1996 game that IU won 59-49.

I am pretty sure I was at the game in 1980

On 11/18/2019 at 9:16 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

#208 in AdjO on KenPom. They need to create a new offensive philosophy and make it their own. Maybe name it after the school.

208! Would we have scheduled them if we had known their AdjO was ranked 208 rather than the high 200’s/low 300’s?

Things I'm looking for

- will we finally have everyone on the floor? hope to see everyone back

- How do Green and Rob look

- Hunter's continuing to get comfortable, shooting, work from the wing

- Defensive improvement, better coordination/switches/close outs

- How much 'small ball' do we run, e.g., Hunter on wing, vs. the big lineup, 3 forwards, and how effective is the 3 F iineup

4 hours ago, Reacher said:

I would like to see Jerome with a breakout game. 

And Devonte being more efficient.

No doubt about JH.  My guess it will take him the better part of two months of real games & all that goes with it.  We all hope we see that Mo Creek type of breakout game just to know he's back.

14 minutes ago, AshtonHershey said:

I wonder how long De'Ron is out.

Not sure. Could be precautionary....could be any number of things. I just hope this kid can get healthy and stay available. Coaches love availability. With Davis it's been so hard because it seems like it's always something. Vs Duke he had like a +15 when on the court....we know good he can be. Hope for a speedy recover on his birthday.

Archived