New polls

68Hoosier

How is it that teams like UL, Kansas, NC can go through sandal after scandal and bounce right back into the top 10.  UL just fired the coach, lost a banner, has been in the news for every major violation lately and yet here we are...

I used to believe that Karma would prevail eventually but now I am not too sure.  

Outside of my own integrity of playing by the rules (I do this in all aspects of my life by the way and it drives me crazy sometimes) even when no one is watching, I think sometimes I wish the coaches would bend the rules and delay any involvement from NCAA.  

We have enough boosters and connections we should be at the top of all recruits wish list.

Sorry - rant is over and I am ready to watch our Hoosiers win tonight tonight.  

There is a big difference in outright cheating and playing in the gray area. Some programs are much more willing to get to that line or cross it. Coaches are just like our kids they will go as far as they are allowed to go. If NCAA has no balls to do anything why would most programs not do it. Thats why the state of college basketball is right where it is. 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

There is a big difference in outright cheating and playing in the gray area. Some programs are much more willing to get to that line or cross it. Coaches are just like our kids they will go as far as they are allowed to go. If NCAA has no balls to do anything why would most programs not do it. Thats why the state of college basketball is right where it is. 

That and the NCAA is basically like a de-clawed cat. It can swipe at you, but it's not going to hurt you, unless you somehow find a way to let it (e.g., self-report).

19 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

That and the NCAA is basically like a de-clawed cat. It can swipe at you, but it's not going to hurt you, unless you somehow find a way to let it (e.g., self-report).

Great analogy.  I just find it hard to believe that a squeaky clean program will sustain success in todays game 

Coach Knight won multiple National Championships while at IU.  And had an impeccable reputation for winning without cheating. Whether or not that was true. The reputation stands to this day. And was something all IU fans were proud of. On the other hand. IU hired a coach who was already being investigated for rule breaking. Hired him anyway. And suffered the consequences.  Put on suspension. Lost scholarships. etc. etc. And our reputation was sullied.  To the point. Where fans from other schools such as Illinois and Kentucky, and even Kansas, who had done far worse than Sampson... delighted in making fun of IU.

I say.  NEVER AGAIN !

Win by following the rules.  The Knight way.

49 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

UVA has had a lot of success and seams to be cleaned.  Just because others play in the gray area does not mean I want IU to do it.

It's interesting how different people interpret things differently.  I interpret "gray" as "pushing the boundaries, but most would interpret the action to be legal".  And I'm fine with being in the gray. 

19 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

It's interesting how different people interpret things differently.  I interpret "gray" as "pushing the boundaries, but most would interpret the action to be legal".  And I'm fine with being in the gray. 

I think the concern/interpretation is playing the grey includes the possibility of sanctions/being found to have crossed the line. 

I'm more in the walk up to the line but be careful not to cross it mindset.

Archived