Options to Fill the Last Scholarship

The Daily Hoosier

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Went in depth here on what route IU might take for its final opening for 2020-21.  My guess it will be at least April before the opening gets filled, if at all.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-five-options-to-fill-the-final-2020-21-scholarship/

You were top on my Google news feed recommendations with this story.  Love it.  I was going to screen shot but once I went back it was gone.  

Somebody with a brain will realize IU will be fringe top 10 next year and could be the missing piece to climb on board to take us to the top.  Knowing minutes will be earned but since that guy is the right fit for the team and culture doesn't care about gauranteed minutes, he just wants to be apart of something special.  That guy.  Save it for him.  

I would save for next year...unless a cant miss Grad transfer comes along...The State is loaded for '21 and I hope CAM cashes in...at this point i dont think chances with Lander are good..Furst,Kaufman, Wesley and maybe a Goode or take a chance on Etchison or a kid like that would make a good class...I hope im wrong on Lander but just dont have the confidence at this point..but still a ways to go

52 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Save it until Mr. Right comes along. Could be a reclassification or a Thomas Bryant/Vonleh situation where out of nowhere an elite prospect is interested. Worse case...save it for 2021 class. No reason to add just a guy since we'll have so much depth back for next year anyway. 

Definitely agree with this.  One good thing about having that spot available is it allows us to make a roster assessment after the season.  Maybe a player leaves for some unexpected reason, or just doesn't show signs of improvement.  Maybe someone breaks out and lessens the need at a position.

Unless we can fill out our available scholarships in the fall with the players we really want/need, having one "golden ticket" in pocket in the Spring can be a invaluable possession.

Always a chance. There is a Senior somewhere who blows up over the HS season. We see it all the time during summer ball.  Anywhere, not just in Indiana.  Who would jump at a chance to play for IU.

Same for a grad transfer.

Guys.  It is not a bad thing to have one in the pocket.  We've got a great class coming in.  Will it get better ?  Only time will tell.

Mile High salute to TDH.  Continues to do great work. And share with us.

24 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

If the grad transfer was one year why wouldn’t we take just about any one of those that we thought would help at all? Just wondering. The Ship would open up for 21 anyway

Chemistry.

If the right grad transfer is available, hell yes, use it. But don't use it just to use it.

Archived